Skip to main content

Shop without any taxes

More
15 years 5 months ago #13362 by venox7
Hi,

I'm busy setting up a shop that shouldn't show any taxes, anywhere.

I set the Tax setting in the shopping cart to 'No Taxes' which took care of most of the tax issues.

However, I can not get rid of the tax calculations in the shipping module. I'm using manual shipping with a fixed amount plus a % of the total order. Whatever I do with zones, taxes, setting the tax category in the shipping module to none, doesn't get rid of showing two amounts in the shipping method display when viewing the order details.

I changed the language file, and got rid of 'Excl VAT' but it still shows two amounts like:

Shipping Method
Secure Mail $45 $45

Previously it showed:

Shipping Method
Secure Mail $45 ($45 Excl VAT)


Please help to get rid of the second '$45'.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 5 months ago #13365 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Shop without any taxes
In recent versions of hikashop, that should not happen as the system first check if the untaxed price and the taxed price are different before showing both. Are you using the latest version of hikashop ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 5 months ago - 15 years 5 months ago #13369 by venox7
Replied by venox7 on topic Re: Shop without any taxes
Yes, 1.4.8.

It showed correctly for a while after I updated to 1.4.8, and set the cart to 'No Tax', but, without changing anything related to the tax, it came back.

What I did change was to set 'Force shipping regardless of weight' to yes, then the tax appeared again, at least I noticed it came back sometime after that. I switched it back to No, but it's still showing. I re-installed 1.4.8, but did't help.

I deleted all tax zones and set the shipping module's tax to 'None', to no avail.

I tried 'All inclusive' tax as well, same result.


Last edit: 15 years 5 months ago by venox7.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 5 months ago #13389 by venox7
Replied by venox7 on topic Re: Shop without any taxes
Any help please?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 5 months ago #13438 by venox7
Replied by venox7 on topic Re: Shop without any taxes
Please help me with this query, I'm really stuck with this one...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 5 months ago #13450 by Timmy
Replied by Timmy on topic Re: Shop without any taxes
I am experiencing the identical problem. Any help would be appreciated!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 5 months ago #13453 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Shop without any taxes
Each time you post a new message in a thread, the thread goes up at the beginning of the queue of our emails. Please be patient.

Did you edited the file shipping of the view checkout via the menu Display->Views ?
If yes, could you delete the customization ?

If no, could you try to add the code:
if(empty($rate->shipping_price_with_tax)){
$rate->shipping_price_with_tax = $rate->shipping_price;
}
if(empty($rate->shipping_price)){
$rate->shipping_price = $rate->shipping_price_with_tax;
}

just before the code:
$taxes = $rate->shipping_price_with_tax-$rate->shipping_price;

in that file ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 5 months ago #13464 by Timmy
Replied by Timmy on topic Re: Shop without any taxes
I've tried that and it continues to display the shipping price twice. Any other suggestions?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 5 months ago #13471 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Shop without any taxes
Hard to tell you without looking at the problem directly on your website since we can't reproduce the problem on our end...
Could you provide a back end access ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 5 months ago #13640 by venox7
Replied by venox7 on topic Re: Shop without any taxes
Hi,

I didn't touch the shipping view and haven't tried the code yet, but can you have a look at my site?

How do I give you back end access?

Site is www.kityascreations.co.za

Thx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 5 months ago #13642 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Shop without any taxes
You can use our contact form: www.hikashop.com/en/support/contact-us.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 month ago #23053 by venox7
Replied by venox7 on topic Re: Shop without any taxes
Hi,

Since updating to version 1.5.3 the tax issue has surfaced again. I do not want to show any taxes anywhere. It is showing up in the manual shipping module (eg. Secure Mail $50 ($50 incl VAT), in the summary of the order (order page) as Tax $1, and on the invoice the same.

However, although the tax is shown as $1 (doesn't matter the invoice total), the actual invoice total doesn't include that $1 tax. For instance:

Product 1 $ 50
Product 2 $ 10
Total $ 60
Shipping $ 5
Tax $ 1
Final Total $ 65

Where/what must I activate/deactivate to get rid of all the tax references on my site?

Thanks,
O

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 month ago #23066 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Shop without any taxes
Hi,

You should delete all the tax rules you have in the menu System->Taxes.
Also, if you edited some views of HikaShop via the menu Display->Views, you should try to revert them since a lot has changed in 4 months and the code might not be correct anymore in the views you edited.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.228 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum