- Posts: 202
- Thank you received: 2
Change final button to Submit Order in checkout
15 years 5 months ago #13429
by momentis
Change final button to Submit Order in checkout was created by momentis
I have my checkout process using the following workflow:
login,cart_coupon,address,confirm_cart,end
My store has no prices, as it is a b2b store with our clients. When someone gets to the last step in the checkout process (confirm_cart), I would like the "Next" button to change to "Submit Order". Is that possible? If so, how?
login,cart_coupon,address,confirm_cart,end
My store has no prices, as it is a b2b store with our clients. When someone gets to the last step in the checkout process (confirm_cart), I would like the "Next" button to change to "Submit Order". Is that possible? If so, how?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 5 months ago #13431
by momentis
Replied by momentis on topic Re: Change final button to Submit Order in checkout
I found this section of code in the 'step' view:
Looks like I need to play around with this area of the file.
Code:
if($this->nextButton){
echo $this->cart->displayButton(JText::_('NEXT'),'next',$this->params,hikashop::completeLink('checkout&task=step&step='.$this->step+1),'if(hikashopCheckChangeForm(\'order\',\'hikashop_checkout_form\'))document.forms[\'hikashop_checkout_form\'].submit(); return false;','id="hikashop_checkout_next_button"');
}
Looks like I need to play around with this area of the file.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 5 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #13434
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Change final button to Submit Order in checkout
Yes. Here is a pointer:
www.hikashop.com/en/forum/4-how-to/9242-...ext-button.html#9242
Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by nicolas.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 5 months ago #13435
by momentis
Replied by momentis on topic Re: Change final button to Submit Order in checkout
Thanks for the usual level of prompt service!!! I tried searching the forum - REALLY - before posting!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 5 months ago #13439
by momentis
Replied by momentis on topic Re: Change final button to Submit Order in checkout
Nicolas,
The code worked PERFECTLY!! Thanks!
As an aside, is there any way to add a "Back" button into the step process in checkout? I know a user can click on the progress bar at the top to go back, but the button may be more intuitive.
The code worked PERFECTLY!! Thanks!
As an aside, is there any way to add a "Back" button into the step process in checkout? I know a user can click on the progress bar at the top to go back, but the button may be more intuitive.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 5 months ago #13441
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Change final button to Submit Order in checkout
You could add something like that:
echo $this->cart->displayButton(JText::_('Back'),'back',$this->params,hikashop::currentUrl(),'history.back();return false;','id="hikashop_checkout_back_button"');
echo $this->cart->displayButton(JText::_('Back'),'back',$this->params,hikashop::currentUrl(),'history.back();return false;','id="hikashop_checkout_back_button"');
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 5 months ago #13444
by momentis
Replied by momentis on topic Re: Change final button to Submit Order in checkout
Again, thanks! I wrapped it in an IF statement so it does not show on the first step in the process, like:
That way it keeps the button functioning within the confines of the checkout process ONLY.
Many, many thanks!
Rick
Code:
if($this->step!=0){
echo $this->cart->displayButton(JText::_('BACK'),'back',$this->params,hikashop::currentUrl(),'history.back();return false;','id="hikashop_checkout_back_button"');
}
That way it keeps the button functioning within the confines of the checkout process ONLY.
Many, many thanks!
Rick
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds