- Posts: 7
- Thank you received: 0
Product ordering
15 years 5 months ago #13625
by Dave
Product ordering was created by Dave
Hi
I am trying to make the product listing follow the order I am setting in the admin area. I have looked at previous comments and tried setting configuration as suggested but I'm obviously doing something wrong. I do have product descriptions which I could use as an ordering mechanism as well, but it persists in displaying products in the order I've added them.
Do you need any more information from me?
Thanks in advance
Dave
I am trying to make the product listing follow the order I am setting in the admin area. I have looked at previous comments and tried setting configuration as suggested but I'm obviously doing something wrong. I do have product descriptions which I could use as an ordering mechanism as well, but it persists in displaying products in the order I've added them.
Do you need any more information from me?
Thanks in advance
Dave
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 5 months ago #13628
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Product ordering
You need to make sure that the "random" option of your menu's hikashop options is turned off.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 5 months ago #13630
by Dave
Replied by Dave on topic Re: Product ordering
Thanks for the quick reply Nicolas.
If you mean within the HikaShop configuration in the "Default parameters for products" section should have the question "Random Items" set to "No", then I have already done this.
I also have the "Ordering field" set to "ordering".
Thanks, Dave
If you mean within the HikaShop configuration in the "Default parameters for products" section should have the question "Random Items" set to "No", then I have already done this.
I also have the "Ordering field" set to "ordering".
Thanks, Dave
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 5 months ago #13632
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Product ordering
The default parameters of the config are only for NEW menus and modules.
For existing ones, you need to go in Display->Content modules/menus and edit their options there and change the random option there.
For existing ones, you need to go in Display->Content modules/menus and edit their options there and change the random option there.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 5 months ago #13639
by Dave
Replied by Dave on topic Re: Product ordering
Thanks for your help Nicolas - all works fine now!
Dave
Dave
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds