- Posts: 17
- Thank you received: 0
How do I Import into categories?
15 years 5 months ago #13731
by jstvnson
How do I Import into categories? was created by jstvnson
I have a csv spreadsheet (attached with 1545 products, prices, quantities, and descriptions that I want to import into the already setup categories and sub-categories.
When I try to import them, I get an error message and it imports just 732 of products, prices and quantities...but does not import the descriptions nor puts them in the categories.
What am I doing wrong? Please help.
Thank you,
John
This attachment is hidden for guests.
When I try to import them, I get an error message and it imports just 732 of products, prices and quantities...but does not import the descriptions nor puts them in the categories.
What am I doing wrong? Please help.
Thank you,
John
This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 5 months ago #13744
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: How do I Import into categories?
Your columns headers are wrong.
It's "categories" and not "category_id" and it's "product_description" and not "description".
Also, I see that you have a lot of double quotes in your product descriptions and names. Looking at the code of the import, the three double quotes at the end of the fields are probably why you're not getting all your products. You should try to replace the """ by "" " in your file. That will help the system.
It's "categories" and not "category_id" and it's "product_description" and not "description".
Also, I see that you have a lot of double quotes in your product descriptions and names. Looking at the code of the import, the three double quotes at the end of the fields are probably why you're not getting all your products. You should try to replace the """ by "" " in your file. That will help the system.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 5 months ago #13764
by jstvnson
Replied by jstvnson on topic Re: How do I Import into categories?
Thank you Nicolas!!
Worked like a charm!
I replaced " with two ' and renamed category_id with categories and description with product_description.
It imported all 1543 items and put them in their respective categories.
This is the BEST e-commerce system!!!
I will be demonstrating this system to our Joomla Meetup Group in Atlanta next week. Watch out VM!
John Stevenson
Worked like a charm!
I replaced " with two ' and renamed category_id with categories and description with product_description.
It imported all 1543 items and put them in their respective categories.
This is the BEST e-commerce system!!!
I will be demonstrating this system to our Joomla Meetup Group in Atlanta next week. Watch out VM!
John Stevenson
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 5 months ago #13772
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: How do I Import into categories?
Great !
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds