Select a dealer?
15 years 5 months ago - 15 years 5 months ago #13910
by niqui
Select a dealer? was created by niqui
I was wondering if it is possible to have an option in the order process so a buyer can select a dealer where he wants to get his product.
I'm building a website for a manufacturer and they do not sell to customers directly, they sell their products through dealers. They want a possibility for customers to order the product on the website and then select the dealer where he will actually buy the product (it is about really big products that cannot be send by mail).
Best would be if the customer can select a nearby dealer by entering their zipcode.
The selected dealer should get the order in their mailbox so they can contact the customer.
I hope my question is clear and I really hope something like this can be done with Hikashop.
Thanks,
Niqui
I'm building a website for a manufacturer and they do not sell to customers directly, they sell their products through dealers. They want a possibility for customers to order the product on the website and then select the dealer where he will actually buy the product (it is about really big products that cannot be send by mail).
Best would be if the customer can select a nearby dealer by entering their zipcode.
The selected dealer should get the order in their mailbox so they can contact the customer.
I hope my question is clear and I really hope something like this can be done with Hikashop.
Thanks,
Niqui
Last edit: 15 years 5 months ago by niqui.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 5 months ago #13912
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Select a dealer?
Hi,
In HikaShop Business, you create create custom fields of the table "order" which will be displayed on the checkout so that the user can enter information you would like from him. You could create a dropdown with the list of dealers... You can do that via the menu Display->Custom fields.
In HikaShop Business, you create create custom fields of the table "order" which will be displayed on the checkout so that the user can enter information you would like from him. You could create a dropdown with the list of dealers... You can do that via the menu Display->Custom fields.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 5 months ago #14002
by niqui
Replied by niqui on topic Re: Select a dealer?
Ok, thanks for your answer. Is it possible to connect an email address to the selected dealer, so the e-mail with the order is sent to the dealer directly?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 5 months ago #14004
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Select a dealer?
There is no option for that but if you know php, you can edit the admin creation email via the menu System->Emails and add a few lines of code to do that.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 5 months ago #14006
by niqui
Replied by niqui on topic Re: Select a dealer?
ok thanks, I'm afraid I can't do that in PHP :silly: but I know someone who probably will able to do this for me.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds