- Posts: 138
- Thank you received: 0
No Taxes Being Charged
15 years 5 months ago #13982
by rsarpong
No Taxes Being Charged was created by rsarpong
Hello,
I can't seem to charge taxes based on my customers state. I followed all of the required steps I believe.
I did exactly this:
First, you need to go to System->taxes. Click on "manage tax categories", then "new" and create a new tax category.
Then, go back to System->taxes and click on the "manage tax rates" button, then the "new" button to create a new tax rate with the tax in your state.
Then, go back to System->taxes and click on "new" to create a new tax rule. You will limit it to your state, select your tax category and your tax rate and save.
Then for your products, you need to select the taxation category you created earlier and then their prices will be taxed based on your customers address.
Please let me know what I am missing or doing wrong.
Thanks
I can't seem to charge taxes based on my customers state. I followed all of the required steps I believe.
I did exactly this:
First, you need to go to System->taxes. Click on "manage tax categories", then "new" and create a new tax category.
Then, go back to System->taxes and click on the "manage tax rates" button, then the "new" button to create a new tax rate with the tax in your state.
Then, go back to System->taxes and click on "new" to create a new tax rule. You will limit it to your state, select your tax category and your tax rate and save.
Then for your products, you need to select the taxation category you created earlier and then their prices will be taxed based on your customers address.
Please let me know what I am missing or doing wrong.
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 5 months ago #14000
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: No Taxes Being Charged
Hi,
What did you set in the option "main tax zone" of the configuration ? If you set your state, you should see the taxes.
What did you set in the option "main tax zone" of the configuration ? If you set your state, you should see the taxes.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 5 months ago #14035
by rsarpong
Replied by rsarpong on topic Re: No Taxes Being Charged
Yes. My main tax zone is set to my tax state but there is still no tax being charged. Could there be another reason for it not charging tax?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 5 months ago #14036
by rsarpong
Replied by rsarpong on topic Re: No Taxes Being Charged
Solved. I did not select the tax category in the tax category option. Thanks for the prompt response.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 4 months ago #16714
by rsarpong
Replied by rsarpong on topic Re: No Taxes Being Charged
Hello Nicholas,
I have created my shipping options with no tax categories but taxes are still being calculated for the price total. How can I correct this?
I have created my shipping options with no tax categories but taxes are still being calculated for the price total. How can I correct this?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 4 months ago #16728
by rsarpong
Replied by rsarpong on topic Re: No Taxes Being Charged
I think this issue worked itself out.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds