Skip to main content

Related articles module when looking at a product

More
15 years 5 months ago #13992 by gferrell20
Hi,

Not sure if this can be done or if this is a feature request, but figured I'd start here. I'm sure someone has come across this before.

I'd like, when looking at a product, to see a module that says something like "Related Articles", and lists articles that are related to that product -similar to how the Hikashop related products works.

Most of the joomla related articles modules look at meta keywords to know how to make this association. I wondered if anyone has accomplished this for product pages in HikaShop.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 5 months ago #14003 by nicolas
Yes. When you edit a product in the back end you can select "related products" on the right side options. Then, you need to create a new module and, in the hikashop options of the module, you need to set it to display related products when on the product page. Then, you need to add that module in the option "modules under the product page" of the config so that it displays below the product page.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 5 months ago #14007 by gferrell20
Thanks -that works for showing related products.

What I'm trying to do is show related articles -just plain core Joomla articles. Is there a way to be viewing a product page and have a module show other articles (not Hikashop products) that are related to it? Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 5 months ago #14008 by nicolas
In that case, you want to try the different solutions proposed on that page: extensions.joomla.org/extensions/news-display/related-items
The products description in hikashop is handled as a joomla article so you can put content plugin tags in it. That should allow you to use some of the solutions on that page.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 5 months ago #14012 by gferrell20
nicolas wrote:

The products description in hikashop is handled as a joomla article so you can put content plugin tags in it.

That's what I thought, but I can't seem to get it to work. I've tried the Joomla core 'related articles' module and a separate related articles module that I've downloaded. Can't seem to get the modules to show up on hikashop product pages even though the meta keywords are the same.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 5 months ago #14013 by gferrell20
Not sure if it makes a difference, but I'm on Joomla 1.6

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 5 months ago #14017 by nicolas
The meta keywords of hikashop's products is not usable like joomla articles.
The goal of that function is to allow the parsing the description by content plugins. If you used a module, it's normal that it didn't work. You should try other solutions using content plugins.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 5 months ago #14061 by gferrell20
Sorry for my ignorance but I am fairly new to Joomla and very new to HikaShop. Would you please be able to explain how that would work (content plugin) or point me in the right direction? Thanks for all your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 5 months ago #14076 by nicolas
Well, I don't know either since I've never tried to do something like this.
Apparently that extension should fit your needs: extensions.joomla.org/extensions/news-di.../related-items/13362
In your products description, you just need to put some tags with the id of the articles and you will get your links automatically.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 5 months ago - 15 years 5 months ago #14219 by gferrell20
Thanks for your assistance.

Do you know if there's a way to make the HikaShop related products module not show if there are 0 related products to the product/category being shown?
Last edit: 15 years 5 months ago by gferrell20.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 5 months ago #14232 by nicolas
There is no such possibility unless you modify the code of the views used to display them.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.230 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum