- Posts: 1
- Thank you received: 0
Install Issues
Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in D:Hosting&^%&*#&htmlcmslibrariesjoomlafilesystemstream.php on line 195
If I try the install from directory approach I always get...
Please enter a package directory
I have tried every conceivable path to get this to work. This has been going on for days.
The absolute path where I uploaded the uncompressed software to the server is D:Hosting/&^%&*#&/html/cms/tmp/hikashop
My Joomla version is 1.6
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Tom
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Could you make sure that your tmp folder in your joomla configuration correspond to the folder where you uploaded the hikashop files ?
The fact that it doesn't find the package directory means that either the path your provide is not good or the tmp path in the configuration of joomla is not good or both.
Another solution would be to ask your hosting company to increase your maximum execution time so that joomla has enough time to extract the package.
Unfortunately, the problem is not in hikashop but between your server and the joomla extension installation process so there is no magic bullet on our end.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 0
I tried to use the standard install by selecting the file from my hd. After 3 tries (none had any error messages, but no installation files), it seemed it was taking too long for the server.
I checked to make sure that all the suggested files are chmod 777 (although that has to change back when installation is completed for security), and that made no difference.
I extracted all files to my hd, uploaded the directory into the tmp directory via FTP, and attempted an install from /tmp/hikashop/ as well as /tmp/hikashop - both had the same results - no error and no installation.
Any suggestions?
Problem:
I just now checked the hikashop.xml file and the doctype declared in the file is for Joomla 1.5, 'and' it tells Joomla that it's an "upgrade" -
<!DOCTYPE install SYSTEM " dev.joomla.org/xml/1.5/component-install.dtd ">
<install type="component" version="1.5" method="upgrade">
I'm not upgrading. I didn't have Joomla 1.5 installed originally nor hikashop.
Am I missing something? Or is this standard to install hikashop for the first time in a new Joomla 1.6 environment?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
the 1.5 version enables the package to work for both 1.5 and 1.6. The upgrade method means that you can install it on a website which already has a previous version installed.
You're saying that you don't have any error message. But what do you see on the screen ? Do you have a success message ? Could you do a screenshot ?
Do you have a blank page ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 0
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 0
I attempted an installation of JoomShopping and got the same results. However, I was able to quickly install a newly designed template I just created yesterday through Artisteer. That install went flawlessly.
??
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Do you have access to your php errors log ? Maybe something was written here by PHP during the failed install attempts which could help us understand the problem...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 0
The only errors I see are bots looking for files that no longer exist, that and some idiot trying to access files on the server - to no avail.
I don't see anything that would indicate a problem...and I have access to all of the files either ftp or through Joomla or through admin on the server.
I appreciate any suggestions you could provide. I'm out of options.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Are you sure that your tmp folder is valid in joomla ?
Could you try enabling the FTP layer of joomla and try again ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 0
Do you have the display_errors option of your php.ini on ? That might help displaying an error message.
Are you sure that your tmp folder is valid in joomla ?
Could you try enabling the FTP layer of joomla and try again ?
Error display is on.
There just were no errors that the server found.
The tmp is a valid folder and set in Joomla. I've gone through the settings and looked and Joomla "likes" where everything is located. I moved the tmp, but not until after all the installation attempts. I moved it, tried again, and the same happened. I moved it for sercurity.
I've got the FTP user name and pw as part of the default installation of Joomla so that I don't have to mess with adding that every time I want to install something.
As you will see (above), I uploaded the extracted folder via FTP into the tmp folder and attempted several installation using that method. I even changed the chmod to 777 on all folders to see if there would be anything different.
The entire installation is odd because I'm well versed with Joomla and am used to finding 'some' error message if something doesn't go right. But in this case, I'm baffled. I'm almost tempted to install 1.5, then try to install Hikashop to see if that works.
What else can you think to try?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Do you have some security components which could block the upload of the package ?
Do you use the standard back end template ? (some 3pd templates might not display error messages if they are not done properly).
I must say I'm starting to be out of ideas...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 0
You log in, see if you can get the program installed and let me know what you find.
After a default installation using my server admin panel, allowing it to do all the work and provide passwords, etc., the only thing I've done since the installation is change the tmp and logs directories for security, and then made sure that nothing had the 777 chmod other than the logs directory. I do realize that changing the chmod to install software is usually mandated and tried that.
I'll await your direct communication.
Thanks.
Thomas
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
We'll look at that...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
It seems that you're not the only one with that issue:
forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?p=2441069
forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?p=2415784#p2415784
I don't have any solution... I can just say that it's not related to HikaShop. It install fines on joomla 1.6 everywhere else and I was not able to install other components on your website so I can only conclude that the problem is between joomla 1.6 and your hosting. It's not related to a compatibility issue nor because hikashop would take a lot of time to install. It should install on any host, even the most restrictive, unlike other extensions.
You said in your message that when you tried on an other website, you had error messages about the database. Could you give us the error messages ? We should be able to help you solve that at least...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.