- Posts: 138
- Thank you received: 0
Linking Product Listings
15 years 5 months ago #14739
by rsarpong
Linking Product Listings was created by rsarpong
I have been able to create a product page that can be accessed via a menu option on Joomla, but how can I make a product page be accessible via a web link in an article? For example, I have a page that I created that displays a work of art from multiple artist. Each image has two links below them. One "shop" that should link to the product page associated with the artist and the other "view" that links to a photo gallery. The problem I am having is that do not have the correct string to link to the product listing page of the particular artist. Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 5 months ago #14746
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Linking Product Listings
Like for the product page, you can create a menu of the type hikashop product listing in order to have a listing of products. You will need to go in the hikashop options of your menu and select the "parent category" in the corresponding option.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 5 months ago #14763
by rsarpong
Replied by rsarpong on topic Re: Linking Product Listings
Thanks for the reply. I understand how to create product listing pages that can be navigated to via a menu option. What I need to know is how to create a link within an article that navigates the user to the product listing page.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 5 months ago #14779
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Linking Product Listings
You need to create a menu via the joomla menu manager. You need to put it in a main menu which is not displayed on your template. That way it won't appear on your front end.
You need to create a menu so that you will be able to access all the hikashop options of your products listing (for example, the back ground color...)
Once that is done, you can use the link of the menu on your articles ( you can temporarily set your menu to a main menu which is displayed on your front end so that you can get the URL ).
You need to create a menu so that you will be able to access all the hikashop options of your products listing (for example, the back ground color...)
Once that is done, you can use the link of the menu on your articles ( you can temporarily set your menu to a main menu which is displayed on your front end so that you can get the URL ).
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 5 months ago #14802
by rsarpong
Replied by rsarpong on topic Re: Linking Product Listings
So which string would be the correct string?
1. index.php?option=com_hikashop&view=product&layout=listing
or
2.index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=product&task=listing&type=product&filter_id=12
For some reason I am linking to the product listing page but no products are being displayed. I don't think that I am typing the string correctly. Please help me.
1. index.php?option=com_hikashop&view=product&layout=listing
or
2.index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=product&task=listing&type=product&filter_id=12
For some reason I am linking to the product listing page but no products are being displayed. I don't think that I am typing the string correctly. Please help me.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 5 months ago #14805
by rsarpong
Replied by rsarpong on topic Re: Linking Product Listings
Am supposed to be trying to link to the HikaShop component or the menu?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 5 months ago #14807
by rsarpong
Replied by rsarpong on topic Re: Linking Product Listings
Problem solved. The mistake was in the syntax that I was using. In the end I was trying
index.php?option=com_hikashop&view=product&layout=listing&category_id=12
instead of
index.php?option=com_hikashop&view=product&layout=listing&cid=12
Thanks
index.php?option=com_hikashop&view=product&layout=listing&category_id=12
instead of
index.php?option=com_hikashop&view=product&layout=listing&cid=12
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 5 months ago #14811
by rsarpong
Replied by rsarpong on topic Re: Linking Product Listings
Ran into another issue. The string above does link to the general product listing page but not to the link associated with the page created in the menu because the changes made to the display are not being reflected.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 5 months ago #14813
by rsarpong
Replied by rsarpong on topic Re: Linking Product Listings
The solution that I used to solve this problem is to use the index.php?option=com_hikashop&view=product&layout=listing&cid=12 string and then change the default display options in the configurations tab.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 5 months ago #14822
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Linking Product Listings
It seems that you solved your problem.
The solution I proposed was actually different. The URL would have been something like that:
index.php?option=com_hikashop&view=product&layout=listing&Itemid=XX
where XX is the id of your menu.
Then you would have had the options of your listing attached to the menu and not in the main configuration page.
But your solution is also valid.
The solution I proposed was actually different. The URL would have been something like that:
index.php?option=com_hikashop&view=product&layout=listing&Itemid=XX
where XX is the id of your menu.
Then you would have had the options of your listing attached to the menu and not in the main configuration page.
But your solution is also valid.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds