- Posts: 79
- Thank you received: 0
Product Variants/Characteristics?
- PhantomPWR
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
15 years 5 months ago - 15 years 5 months ago #14931
by PhantomPWR
Product Variants/Characteristics? was created by PhantomPWR
Hi everyone,
I've been using Hikashop for only about two hours, so please bear with me.
I need to show a product(towel) with various options including the folowing:
Please see the attached image which should make it clear.
I'm not sure how to approach it.
Thanks in advance!
I've been using Hikashop for only about two hours, so please bear with me.
I need to show a product(towel) with various options including the folowing:
- colours as radio buttons with sample images
- fabrics for lettering as radio buttons with sample images
- text input for a name/initial
Please see the attached image which should make it clear.
I'm not sure how to approach it.
Thanks in advance!
Last edit: 15 years 5 months ago by PhantomPWR.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 5 months ago #14942
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Product Variants/Characteristics?
Hi,
The fabric and color selection can be done by using characteristics.
One characteristic for colors, one for fabric with their values. You can create them via the menu Products->Characteristics.
Then, you can attach the characteristics to your product.
That will display a dropdown selection for each. So you want then to change the option "Characteristics selection method" to radio button in order to get radio buttons.
Now, by default, you won't have images displayed for the selection of characteristics as their is no option for that. If you want to do it, you will have to override the characteristic generation code via a file in your template. It requires a good knowledge of PHP. That's something we can do for a small fee if you want.
For the name/initial input, you can create custom fields of the table "item" via the menu Display->Custom fields in the Business edition of HikaShop.
The fabric and color selection can be done by using characteristics.
One characteristic for colors, one for fabric with their values. You can create them via the menu Products->Characteristics.
Then, you can attach the characteristics to your product.
That will display a dropdown selection for each. So you want then to change the option "Characteristics selection method" to radio button in order to get radio buttons.
Now, by default, you won't have images displayed for the selection of characteristics as their is no option for that. If you want to do it, you will have to override the characteristic generation code via a file in your template. It requires a good knowledge of PHP. That's something we can do for a small fee if you want.
For the name/initial input, you can create custom fields of the table "item" via the menu Display->Custom fields in the Business edition of HikaShop.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- PhantomPWR
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 79
- Thank you received: 0
15 years 5 months ago #14943
by PhantomPWR
Replied by PhantomPWR on topic Re: Product Variants/Characteristics?
Hi Nicolas,
Thank you very much for your reply.
Where do I find the characteristic generation code? (Sorry, but I still have my head clogged up with old virtuemart code!) :S
As for the fee, could you email me please? In case I get stuck.
Thanks!
Thank you very much for your reply.
Where do I find the characteristic generation code? (Sorry, but I still have my head clogged up with old virtuemart code!) :S
As for the fee, could you email me please? In case I get stuck.
Thanks!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 5 months ago #14951
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Product Variants/Characteristics?
The characteristic generation code is in the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/types/characteristic.php
You can override it by implementing the function hikashop_characteristics_html in the file templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/hikashop_characteristics.php
You can override it by implementing the function hikashop_characteristics_html in the file templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/hikashop_characteristics.php
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds