- Posts: 11
- Thank you received: 0
message 'Could not instantiate mail function.'
15 years 5 months ago #15132
by dirkvdv
message 'Could not instantiate mail function.' was created by dirkvdv
I've setup a Joomla 1.6 page with HikaShop for an online store.
I'm testing it now localy and it runs fine, but when I start shopping and add some items in the basket, I get the message 'Could not instantiate mail function.' at the end when I checkoout.
The order is processed well, but where can I setup the mailfunction and how ?
I'm testing it now localy and it runs fine, but when I start shopping and add some items in the basket, I get the message 'Could not instantiate mail function.' at the end when I checkoout.
The order is processed well, but where can I setup the mailfunction and how ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 5 months ago #15134
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: message 'Could not instantiate mail function.'
Email configuration is global to your website. You should configure them in the configuration of Joomla.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 35
- Thank you received: 0
14 years 11 months ago #27877
by JonnyDutch
Replied by JonnyDutch on topic Re: message 'Could not instantiate mail function.'
Hello:
I am experiencing the same issue and do not understand your proposed solution. What exactly do I have to reconfigure in the global settings of my joomla installation to take care of the error message?
Thank you
I am experiencing the same issue and do not understand your proposed solution. What exactly do I have to reconfigure in the global settings of my joomla installation to take care of the error message?
Thank you
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 11 months ago #27881
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: message 'Could not instantiate mail function.'
In the global configuration of joomla, under the server tab, you have a zone where you can configure your email settings:
help.joomla.org/content/view/1445/196/
Once you configured them accordingly to your hosting recommendations, that message should not appear anymore and the emails should be sent.
help.joomla.org/content/view/1445/196/
Once you configured them accordingly to your hosting recommendations, that message should not appear anymore and the emails should be sent.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.161 seconds