Can I re-order the address fields?
15 years 5 months ago - 15 years 5 months ago #15258
by Smiler
Can I re-order the address fields? was created by Smiler
Hikashop Essentials
We made our first sale with Hikashop today , went super smooth, everything worked as it should (unlike our previous cart software), very pleased indeed. However, When it comes to the checkout, in a UK address, the postcode (zip code) is always at the end, just above the country but in Hikashop the postcode is asked for much earlier and it looks strange on the invoice and the shipping invoice. Any way I can change it so I can have Postcode at the bottom? This software is so configurable, there must be
Loving this cart software, outstanding work Hikashop team!
We made our first sale with Hikashop today , went super smooth, everything worked as it should (unlike our previous cart software), very pleased indeed. However, When it comes to the checkout, in a UK address, the postcode (zip code) is always at the end, just above the country but in Hikashop the postcode is asked for much earlier and it looks strange on the invoice and the shipping invoice. Any way I can change it so I can have Postcode at the bottom? This software is so configurable, there must be
Loving this cart software, outstanding work Hikashop team!
Last edit: 15 years 5 months ago by Smiler.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 5 months ago - 15 years 5 months ago #15274
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Can I re-order the address fields?
Thank you 
First, you ca change the order of custom fields via the menu Display->Custom fields. That will change the order of the input fields.
Then, if you want to change the address display on the invoices and other places, you will have to go to Display->Views and search for the files address_template
You should find 2 of them, one for the front end and one for the back end. You can edit both and change the order of the fields as you want.
First, you ca change the order of custom fields via the menu Display->Custom fields. That will change the order of the input fields.
Then, if you want to change the address display on the invoices and other places, you will have to go to Display->Views and search for the files address_template
You should find 2 of them, one for the front end and one for the back end. You can edit both and change the order of the fields as you want.
Last edit: 15 years 5 months ago by nicolas.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 5 months ago #15337
by Smiler
Replied by Smiler on topic Re: Can I re-order the address fields?
The first bit (changing the order of custom fields) works ok, checkout now looks correct but my invoices are still reading the same after modifying the two address_template views. I assume all I have to do is to reorder the {address_post_code} to the position I want in the list?
I've modified the templates as below
{address_company}
{address_title} {address_firstname} {address_lastname}
{address_street}
{address_city}
{address_state}
{address_post_code}
{address_country}
It still puts the postcode on the same line as the city and state on the invoice and shipping invoice.
Am I doing something wrong here? (probably)
Jeff.
I've modified the templates as below
{address_company}
{address_title} {address_firstname} {address_lastname}
{address_street}
{address_city}
{address_state}
{address_post_code}
{address_country}
It still puts the postcode on the same line as the city and state on the invoice and shipping invoice.
Am I doing something wrong here? (probably)
Jeff.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 5 months ago #15338
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Can I re-order the address fields?
Please be sure that you modified the address_template files for the correct templates (if you have several templates installed on your website, you will have several times the view files, one per template).
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 5 months ago #15339
by Smiler
Replied by Smiler on topic Re: Can I re-order the address fields?
Yes, I spotted that one
I modified the adress_template belonging to the joomla template I am using for the shop. Should I modify them all just to be sure?
Jeff.
Jeff.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 5 months ago #15340
by Smiler
Replied by Smiler on topic Re: Can I re-order the address fields?
Just a follow-up Nicolas,
I now have the invoices as I would like them however it was not by editing the template that my site is using. I edited the address_template in the "Bluestork" Joomla template (supplied with Joomla) and it worked. My site uses a custom template "Fomsshop".
Regards, Jeff.
I now have the invoices as I would like them however it was not by editing the template that my site is using. I edited the address_template in the "Bluestork" Joomla template (supplied with Joomla) and it worked. My site uses a custom template "Fomsshop".
Regards, Jeff.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 5 months ago #15343
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Can I re-order the address fields?
Bluestork is the template you're using on your back end. So for the views of the back end you need to edit these.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 5 months ago #15346
by Smiler
Replied by Smiler on topic Re: Can I re-order the address fields?
Ah, penny drops.
Thanks Nicolas.
Thanks Nicolas.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.228 seconds