- Posts: 110
- Thank you received: 0
Increasing character limit on a form field
- deborahharrison
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
15 years 5 months ago #15261
by deborahharrison
Increasing character limit on a form field was created by deborahharrison
Hi
I know on an HTML form field its maxlength="100" etc, but on 212.113.133.235/~englishr/index.php?opti...m_user&view=register I have tried to increase the username to compensate for email addresses, but no amount of maxlength seems to be working. I have looked in Views > registration and the actual PHP of the form, but nothing is making any difference.
Please could you advise where I need to update this. I am hitting a wall (not literally!).
TIA
I know on an HTML form field its maxlength="100" etc, but on 212.113.133.235/~englishr/index.php?opti...m_user&view=register I have tried to increase the username to compensate for email addresses, but no amount of maxlength seems to be working. I have looked in Views > registration and the actual PHP of the form, but nothing is making any difference.
Please could you advise where I need to update this. I am hitting a wall (not literally!).
TIA
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 5 months ago #15262
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Increasing character limit on a form field
Hi,
That page is not in HikaShop but in Joomla. You can't edit it via the Display->Views menu of HikaShop so that's normal you don't see your changes.
That form is in the file components/com_user/views/register/tmpl/default.php
That page is not in HikaShop but in Joomla. You can't edit it via the Display->Views menu of HikaShop so that's normal you don't see your changes.
That form is in the file components/com_user/views/register/tmpl/default.php
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- deborahharrison
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 110
- Thank you received: 0
15 years 4 months ago #17607
by deborahharrison
Replied by deborahharrison on topic Re: Increasing character limit on a form field
Hi Nicolas
Sorry to resurrect this email, but using www.englishrosebooks.co.uk/index.php/com...t/user/register.html as an example, is there a way we can change the registration form so email is used rather than username?
Please advise.
Sorry to resurrect this email, but using www.englishrosebooks.co.uk/index.php/com...t/user/register.html as an example, is there a way we can change the registration form so email is used rather than username?
Please advise.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 4 months ago #17610
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Increasing character limit on a form field
That is not a hikashop page but the joomla registration page. You would have to edit the view and add some javascript in order to remove the username field and set it as a hidden input and set its value to the email input when the form is submitted.
In HikaShop, if you change the "registration" option of the configuration to simplified registration, the username field will be removed automatically and the email will be used as username.
In HikaShop, if you change the "registration" option of the configuration to simplified registration, the username field will be removed automatically and the email will be used as username.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- deborahharrison
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 110
- Thank you received: 0
15 years 4 months ago #17614
by deborahharrison
Replied by deborahharrison on topic Re: Increasing character limit on a form field
Is this only in commercial versions of HikaShop?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 4 months ago #17616
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Increasing character limit on a form field
Indeed. But note that it won't change the joomla user registration screen. It will only affect the hikashop registration screen.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds