- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
different prices for different sizes issue
15 years 5 months ago #15559
by Diverse
different prices for different sizes issue was created by Diverse
Hello, I read another thread regarding "different prices for different sizes", I followed the directions with no luck. Under "Characteristics" > Manage Variants> Add >
then I added what I needed however, I DO NOT have an option for "DEFAULT VALUE" !
Can you please tell me what I am doing wrong ?? I'm using Joomla 1.5.23 with HikaShop 1.4.9. Please advise... Thanks
then I added what I needed however, I DO NOT have an option for "DEFAULT VALUE" !
Can you please tell me what I am doing wrong ?? I'm using Joomla 1.5.23 with HikaShop 1.4.9. Please advise... Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 5 months ago #15568
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: different prices for different sizes issue
The default value of each characteristic of a product can be set in the list of characteristics of that product:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...html#characteristics
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 4 months ago #15627
by Diverse
Replied by Diverse on topic Re: different prices for different sizes issue
We are still having the same issue. Two of us have been following the directions on two seperate installs. We would like to purchase this product only if we can figure out this issue.
Set up and configure Categories>Add Products>Add 2 Prices>Add Characteristics> No values found! Before configuring the variant of your product, you need first to create one or several characteristics with the menu Products->Characteristics, and then add one or several characteristics to your product.
Several times we Added Characteristics: Products->Characteristics and then add one or several characteristics to the product....
Over and over , round and round, two people, two installs...
Is there a Configuration Setting NOT set properly ??? Please Help!
Thanks...
Set up and configure Categories>Add Products>Add 2 Prices>Add Characteristics> No values found! Before configuring the variant of your product, you need first to create one or several characteristics with the menu Products->Characteristics, and then add one or several characteristics to your product.
Several times we Added Characteristics: Products->Characteristics and then add one or several characteristics to the product....
Over and over , round and round, two people, two installs...
Is there a Configuration Setting NOT set properly ??? Please Help!
Thanks...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 4 months ago #15633
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: different prices for different sizes issue
And did you set values in your characteristics BEFORE adding the characteristics to the products ? If you don't have any values for a characteristic, it's normal that it displays that error when you add a characteristic to a product...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 4 months ago #15634
by Diverse
Replied by Diverse on topic Re: different prices for different sizes issue
Thanks for your fast reply. Yes, we added vales.
Can you please define what HikaShop considers a value? Value is price? Is it item ?
Thanks again...
Can you please define what HikaShop considers a value? Value is price? Is it item ?
Thanks again...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 4 months ago #15643
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: different prices for different sizes issue
When you go to Products->Characteristics and click on new. There you need to enter the name of the characteristic, but you also have to enter all the possible values of the characteristics in the "values" area on the right. Did you do that before using the characteristic ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 4 months ago #15691
by Diverse
Replied by Diverse on topic Re: different prices for different sizes issue
Hi, Thanks for getting back to us. After reading your suggestions and other similar posts as well as a search on Google. I decided to try something...
I upgraded my IE7 to IE8 and also updated my Java.. Then all of a sudden I followed the original instructions and "It worked".
PLEASE suggest this to other users that are having dificulty with a similar issue.
You probably thought we were crazy!
Now this leads me to wonder: Now that I updated to IE8 and updated Java and I can view everything correctly,
what happens to a customer that logs on to make a purchase who has IE7 and older Java??
Will they not see the dropdown options?? Thanks again!!!!
I upgraded my IE7 to IE8 and also updated my Java.. Then all of a sudden I followed the original instructions and "It worked".
PLEASE suggest this to other users that are having dificulty with a similar issue.
You probably thought we were crazy!
Now this leads me to wonder: Now that I updated to IE8 and updated Java and I can view everything correctly,
what happens to a customer that logs on to make a purchase who has IE7 and older Java??
Will they not see the dropdown options?? Thanks again!!!!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 4 months ago #15718
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: different prices for different sizes issue
The dropdowns are displayed the same on IE 7 and 8. On all our tests and other users it works ok for both IE 7 and 8. But maybe there is a problem with the characteristics edition interface on IE7 which we aren't aware of ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds