Skip to main content

Shipping Options

More
15 years 4 months ago #15702 by JPchennet01
Shipping Options was created by JPchennet01
Hi All,

One quick question I came across during testing - I have set up a site that only wants to sell to New Zealand customers.

I set up a test login to ensure it all worked correctly, however I get the following error (screenshot attached). My question is does Hikashop establish your geographical location from the address entered in the form or off your IP address. Currently I am not in New Zealand - could this be part of the problem?

Thanks in advance

JP

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #15720 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Shipping Options
Hi,

HikaShop uses the address entered. If your address is in new zealand and that it doesn't find any shipping method for you, it's because the address isn't in the zone restriction you set for your shipping methods or that other criterias of the shipping methods filtered them out.
A screenshot of your listing of manual shipping methods would help in telling you what you're missing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #15769 by JPchennet01
Replied by JPchennet01 on topic Re: Shipping Options
Hi Nicolas,

Thanks again for the help, sorry about the slow response. I have attached two screen shots for you - I look forward to your thoughts.

Cheers

JP

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #15770 by JPchennet01
Replied by JPchennet01 on topic Re: Shipping Options
second screen shot

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #15782 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Shipping Options
Did you set a weight in your products ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #15785 by JPchennet01
Replied by JPchennet01 on topic Re: Shipping Options
Yes - everything was 0.1kg and there was no minimum weight applied.

Jp

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #15807 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Shipping Options
What do you mean ?
It means it's solved now ?

If not, then make sure that you use the same weight unit everywhere and that the first unit of in the configuration option is also this one.
Also, make sure that the minimum weight is below the weight of your products. If in doubt, change it to 0.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #15848 by JPchennet01
Replied by JPchennet01 on topic Re: Shipping Options
Hi, sorry I didn't word that response very well.

Problem is not resolved - but every product has a generic weight of 0.1kg and the minimum is set to 0. This done right at the beginning.
I have been going through everything again today and am still struggling to find a solution.

Hope you can help

JP

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #15849 by JPchennet01
Replied by JPchennet01 on topic Re: Shipping Options
Hi All,

Just cracked it! when your isolating your zoning you must do it from the 'all zones' (default) part of the drop down. You can choose shipping, countries etc but all zones seemed to be the key.

Also, didn't affect this issue but we are offering free freight on www.southpacificadventure.com and I set the maximum price to 0. Don't think its a good idea! :silly: :silly:

Thanks for the support

Hope this helps others in the future!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.191 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum