- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
Shipping method and shipping cost
15 years 4 months ago #15726
by dandosan
Shipping method and shipping cost was created by dandosan
Hi everyone
I ask you just a really simple thing.
I can't add the shipping cost to the total bill.
I made a new shipping category under "hikashop manual shipping plugin".
I set it without restriction (no zones and no minimum neither maximum weight or volume)
Then I enabled it
But when I proceed to chekout the total bill is not including the shipping cost.
Where is the mistake?
Thanks in advance
Dando
I ask you just a really simple thing.
I can't add the shipping cost to the total bill.
I made a new shipping category under "hikashop manual shipping plugin".
I set it without restriction (no zones and no minimum neither maximum weight or volume)
Then I enabled it
But when I proceed to chekout the total bill is not including the shipping cost.
Where is the mistake?
Thanks in advance
Dando
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 4 months ago #15740
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Shipping method and shipping cost
Did you set a weight on your products or activated the option "Force shipping regardless of weight" of the checkout tab of the configuration ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 4 months ago #16517
by dandosan
Replied by dandosan on topic Re: Shipping method and shipping cost
Thank you so much!!!!
It works!!!!!
It works!!!!!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 10 months ago #31688
by rshenje
Replied by rshenje on topic Re: Shipping method and shipping cost
Similar after defining zones (inlc sub-zones), how do I associate that zone with a Shipping Method so that the correct shipping price is picked up?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 9 months ago #31717
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Shipping method and shipping cost
In your shipping methods options, the first option on the right of the screen is called "zone". that's where you can set your zone for that shipping method so that the shipping is only available to that zone:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...form.html#additional
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...form.html#additional
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 9 months ago #32333
by rshenje
Replied by rshenje on topic Re: Shipping method and shipping cost
Having defined about 50 shipping methods under the manual shipping plugin, I want to merely copy them and alter to shorten the typing period. What would go wrong if I export from phpmyadmin to csv. Copy and alter in excel and create a CSV with all methods. Then I can import through phpmyadin. Is this out of the question and why?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 9 months ago #32376
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Shipping method and shipping cost
You can do that yes.
You can also use the "copy" button to duplicate all your shipping methods and then just change their options
You can also use the "copy" button to duplicate all your shipping methods and then just change their options
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 9 months ago #32388
by rshenje
Replied by rshenje on topic Re: Shipping method and shipping cost
Excel is definately faster because I can filter, sort, etc allowing me to work faster. There is one column, "shipping_params" which I may screw up by working in excel. Wonder if you can explain important variables in this "shipping_params" field especially the ones I cant omit. The string in this filed is of the sort,"O:8:"stdClass":14:{s:19:"shipping_percentage";s:1:"0";s:18:"shipping_min_price";s:0:"";s:18:"shipping_max_price";s:0:"";s:25:"shipping_virtual_included";s:1:"0";s:19:"shipping_min_weight";s:4:"3000";s:19:"shipping_max_weight";s:4:"3499";s:20:"shipping_weight_unit";s:1:"g";s:19:"shipping_zip_prefix";s:0:"";s:16:"shipping_min_zip";s:0:"";s:16:"shipping_max_zip";s:0:"";s:19:"shipping_zip_suffix";s:0:"";s:19:"shipping_min_volume";s:0:"";s:19:"shipping_max_volume";s:0:"";s:18:"shipping_size_unit";s:1:"m";}". It includes many variables which are self-explanatory including important ones like minimum and maximum weights. Which variable relates to shipping zone and where do I fish the values? Besides these three, min, max weight and shipping zone, is there any other important ones in this field/string?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 9 months ago #32402
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Shipping method and shipping cost
shipping_weight_unit should be there, otherwise, weight calculations won't be correct.
For the shipping zone, the value used is the zone_namekey in the jos_hikashop_zone table of the database.
If you omit the other values in that field, you might get notice messages if you have your php error reporting activated (that should not be the case on a live website).
Also, be careful of the numbers in there.
"O:8:"stdClass":14: means that the class name has 8 letters and that there are 14 attributes in the object.
s:25:"shipping_virtual_included";s:1:"0" means that the attribute name has 25 letters and that the value has one letter which is 0.
For the shipping zone, the value used is the zone_namekey in the jos_hikashop_zone table of the database.
If you omit the other values in that field, you might get notice messages if you have your php error reporting activated (that should not be the case on a live website).
Also, be careful of the numbers in there.
"O:8:"stdClass":14: means that the class name has 8 letters and that there are 14 attributes in the object.
s:25:"shipping_virtual_included";s:1:"0" means that the attribute name has 25 letters and that the value has one letter which is 0.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 9 months ago - 14 years 9 months ago #32416
by rshenje
Replied by rshenje on topic Re: Shipping method and shipping cost
Finally got it. Nothing can bit excel method if you have too many shipping methods to create. thanks again.
Last edit: 14 years 9 months ago by rshenje.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds