- Posts: 33
- Thank you received: 2
How the HELL do I make a menu?
15 years 4 months ago #15789
by dniezby
How the HELL do I make a menu? was created by dniezby
Ok, I've made it through almost everything else but I can't understand how to create a menu AT ALL.
I would think it should be pretty simple but it's not happening.
I want a simple menu like this.
ITEM MAIN CATEGORY
ITEM MAIN CATEGORY
ITEM MAIN CATEGORY
ITEM MAIN CATEGORY
If someone clicks the main category, it drops down and show the next level and so on.
Right now, I'd settle for any menu.
I would think it should be pretty simple but it's not happening.
I want a simple menu like this.
ITEM MAIN CATEGORY
ITEM MAIN CATEGORY
ITEM MAIN CATEGORY
ITEM MAIN CATEGORY
If someone clicks the main category, it drops down and show the next level and so on.
Right now, I'd settle for any menu.
The following user(s) said Thank You: novexir
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 4 months ago #15792
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: How the HELL do I make a menu?
You need to create one menu per category via the joomla menu manager. Then, you can use any joomla menu module to display your categories menus tree:
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/structu...igation/menu-systems
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/structu...igation/menu-systems
The following user(s) said Thank You: novexir
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 4 months ago #15795
by dniezby
Replied by dniezby on topic Re: How the HELL do I make a menu?
Well, I don't want to install a new menu system. What I have should be fine.
I just want to create a new menu with my items.
I do see a Hika menu but it says
How do I get that to show? I can't find a corresponding module for the menu???
I just want to create a new menu with my items.
I do see a Hika menu but it says
HikaShop hidden menus
How do I get that to show? I can't find a corresponding module for the menu???
The following user(s) said Thank You: novexir
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 4 months ago #15803
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: How the HELL do I make a menu?
I don't understand what you're looking for ?
The menus you create via the menu manager (or the ones automatically created by hikashop there) can all be displayed with a standard joomla menu module. If you use the default joomla menu module, you won't have the dropdown effect you're looking for, which is why I recommended you another one...
Alternatively, you could create a new module of the type hikashop content module and set it to display categories and their childs so you would have a 1level dropdown effect. The procedure is explained in the documentation:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/6...ml#categories_module
The menus you create via the menu manager (or the ones automatically created by hikashop there) can all be displayed with a standard joomla menu module. If you use the default joomla menu module, you won't have the dropdown effect you're looking for, which is why I recommended you another one...
Alternatively, you could create a new module of the type hikashop content module and set it to display categories and their childs so you would have a 1level dropdown effect. The procedure is explained in the documentation:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/6...ml#categories_module
The following user(s) said Thank You: novexir
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds