- Posts: 39
- Thank you received: 0
Image as border
15 years 4 months ago #15831
by Storm15
Image as border was created by Storm15
Hello,
As you can see here the product listing image has got a shadow-border.
I think they used images for it. I've heard that you can do it with divs, but I don't get how.
Is there any tutorial?
Sincerly,
Storm
As you can see here the product listing image has got a shadow-border.
I think they used images for it. I've heard that you can do it with divs, but I don't get how.
Is there any tutorial?
Sincerly,
Storm
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 4 months ago #15838
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Image as border
Hi,
There is no tutorial for that.
What they did is that they override the file listing_div of the product view via the menu Display->Views and added a bunch of divs around the product information. Then, then coupled these divs with some CSS and images in order to have the borders.
There is no tutorial for that.
What they did is that they override the file listing_div of the product view via the menu Display->Views and added a bunch of divs around the product information. Then, then coupled these divs with some CSS and images in order to have the borders.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 4 months ago #15844
by Storm15
Replied by Storm15 on topic Re: Image as border
I've found something with "nested divs".
Is it like this?:
<div id="box">
<div class="border-right"></div>
<div class="content"></div>
<div class="border-left"></div>
</div>
css:
.border-right {
float: right;
background-image: url(border.jpg);
]
.border-left {
float: left;
background-image: url(border.jpg);
}
or do I have some special css codes for this?
Would the way above work?
Regards,
Storm
Is it like this?:
<div id="box">
<div class="border-right"></div>
<div class="content"></div>
<div class="border-left"></div>
</div>
css:
.border-right {
float: right;
background-image: url(border.jpg);
]
.border-left {
float: left;
background-image: url(border.jpg);
}
or do I have some special css codes for this?
Would the way above work?
Regards,
Storm
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 4 months ago #15846
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Image as border
Probably.
Another solution would probably be to just use the CSS class already there and set one image as background-image. It's less flexible as the size of the image is fixed so if you change the number of columns it won't be the good size anymore, but if it's only for one website (and not a template), it should be enough and way easier to implement.
Another solution would probably be to just use the CSS class already there and set one image as background-image. It's less flexible as the size of the image is fixed so if you change the number of columns it won't be the good size anymore, but if it's only for one website (and not a template), it should be enough and way easier to implement.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds