- Posts: 41
- Thank you received: 0
How to integrate upload into checkout
- Cheesydoodles
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
15 years 4 months ago #15927
by Cheesydoodles
How to integrate upload into checkout was created by Cheesydoodles
Hi I am setting up a site that needs an area that customers can upload their files once they have checked out. It is a site for a printing company and customers artwork needs to be uploaded once article of printing has been purchased. I am using Joomla 1.6. Can anyone let me know what is the best way and easiest way to do this, I am pretty new to joomla and php.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 4 months ago #15929
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: How to integrate upload into checkout
In the business edition of HikaShop, you can go in the menu Display->Custom fields and create a new field of the table order and of the type file so that your customers can upload a file during the checkout which you will be able to access on your end.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Cheesydoodles
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 41
- Thank you received: 0
15 years 4 months ago #15981
by Cheesydoodles
Replied by Cheesydoodles on topic Re: How to integrate upload into checkout
Does this mean I have to buy the commercial version before I can do this? I have looked and there doesn't seem to be an option for uploading files using a form. Is this added in the business edition?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 4 months ago #15982
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: How to integrate upload into checkout
You can always modify the HikaShop Starter files and add the upload system of your choice but that will require PHP skills. On the other end, you can do it in few clicks with HikaShop Business and you will have a lot of additional functionalities with that.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Cheesydoodles
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 41
- Thank you received: 0
15 years 4 months ago #15984
by Cheesydoodles
Replied by Cheesydoodles on topic Re: How to integrate upload into checkout
OK Thanks. This may be a daft question but if I upgrade to the business version will it keep everything I have set up? I don't fancy doing everything again.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Cheesydoodles
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 41
- Thank you received: 0
15 years 4 months ago #15986
by Cheesydoodles
Replied by Cheesydoodles on topic Re: How to integrate upload into checkout
Just a quick thought, can I do it by having the customer redirected to an upload page once paypal checkout is complete?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 4 months ago #15987
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: How to integrate upload into checkout
Yes, you don't loose any data or settings when updating or upgrading hikashop.
We still recommend to do a backup before installing any application on your website because you never know what can happen...
We still recommend to do a backup before installing any application on your website because you never know what can happen...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 4 months ago #15988
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: How to integrate upload into checkout
Yes. You would have to edit the views of HikaShop in order to add your redirect code in the after_end view via the menu Display->Views.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Cheesydoodles
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 41
- Thank you received: 0
15 years 4 months ago #15994
by Cheesydoodles
Replied by Cheesydoodles on topic Re: How to integrate upload into checkout
In my after_end view I have the following code
<?php
/**
* @package HikaShop for Joomla!
* @version 1.4.8
* @author hikashop.com
* @copyright (C) 2010 HIKARI SOFTWARE. All rights reserved.
* @license GNU/GPLv3 www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.html
*/
defined('_JEXEC') or die('Restricted access');
?>
<?php
Where would I put the redirect link?
<?php
/**
* @package HikaShop for Joomla!
* @version 1.4.8
* @author hikashop.com
* @copyright (C) 2010 HIKARI SOFTWARE. All rights reserved.
* @license GNU/GPLv3 www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.html
*/
defined('_JEXEC') or die('Restricted access');
?>
<?php
Where would I put the redirect link?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 4 months ago #15996
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: How to integrate upload into checkout
at the end:
$app =& JFactory::getApplication();
$app->redirect("my_redirect_url");
$app =& JFactory::getApplication();
$app->redirect("my_redirect_url");
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Cheesydoodles
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 41
- Thank you received: 0
15 years 4 months ago #15998
by Cheesydoodles
Replied by Cheesydoodles on topic Re: How to integrate upload into checkout
Thanks for your help, I will purchase upgrade and see what is the best option once it is installed.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds