- Posts: 19
- Thank you received: 0
Shipping Zone problem
I'm having problems with the following message appearing at Checkout when I restrict my Shipping Methods to a zone:
"No shipping methods available to your location"
I've created a test user whose registration address-country is United Kingdom.
When I don't specify a zone in my Shipping Methods everything is OK. When I restrict my Shipping Methods to either:
> the Country-Zone "United Kingdom", or
> a Shipping Zone "United Kindom" that contains the "United Kingdom" Country-Zone as a sub-Zone
then I get the above message.
I've checked the FAQs www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...ins-listing.html#faq and can't see what I'm doing wrong.
Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Before seeing the addresses selection screen of the checkout or after ?
What is your "main tax zone" (in the config) ? When the address is not yet selected, this main tax zone is used instead. So if you set your tax zone to canada, that your address is in UK, but that you have a checkout workflow in several steps where the shipping view is before the address view, that's something which could happen.
Could you do a screenshot of your manual shipping methods listing ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The Main Tax zone is: 222 United Kingdom.
The zone in the two Shipping Methods is also set to: 222 United Kingdom.
Before I logon with my test user, there is no problem. But once I logon with the test customer, Fred Blogs - in whose Billing and Shipping address the country has been set to United Kingdom – then the error appears:
“No shipping methods available to your location”
I have attached some screen shots to show this.
Shipment Methods:
Checkout before customer logon:
Checkout after customer logon:
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I'll update it to the latest version as you suggest.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I tried adding a second address for the test customer – again with the country set to United Kingdom. I still get the same error, but now the shipping price has disappeared - although it also says “You chose the shipping method: 1st class Royal Mail”...
Any idea what’s wrong?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Shipping method 1:
Shipping Method 2:
The shipping methods seem to work fine if I do not restrict them to zone "222 United Kingdom" - so I think I must have got something wrong relating to the shipping zones. But I can't figure out what.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
When I first hit this problem, I tried to solve it by creating a Shipping Zone "United Kindom" that contained the "United Kingdom" Country-Zone as a sub-Zone. But that didn't work, so I have since deleted that Shipping Zone.
Current Zones starting with "United":
I have also set the default value for the address_country field to the country zone: United Kingdom 222:
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
So the only option left is to have an access to your website in order to put traces in the code and find out why it doesn't work as it should.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
www.hikashop.com/en/support/contact-us.html
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The problem is now clear: you changed the type of the state field to text instead of zone.
When the system decides of the zone of the order, it first decides whether to use the state information or the country information. If the state information it uses it.
On your case, since the state field is there and that the state name is entered by the user himself, it never matches the entry in the database. Thus, the system doesn't find any zone for the order and thus the shipping methods with restrictions on a zone are discarded.
We're going to add an additional check on that to avoid that problem.
On your end, you can just unpublish that field, create a new state field for your state input box and then go to Display->Views and edit the views address_template in order to add your new field column name there so that it appears on the addresses.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.