managing products
15 years 4 months ago #17025
by niqui
managing products was created by niqui
Hi,
Maybe I'm overlooking something, but I can't find any clear documentation on how to manage or setup the products for a shop. When I create a new product in the backend, I can fill in the dimensions. Is there any way to add more? I tried the charactaristics, but that is not working for me.
I need to create a list of some specs for each product, like dimensions, height, color, etc. If I use the charactaristics it will show a list with values to choose from. But I have, let's say, product A only available in red and product B only available in blue.
How do I do this?
I'm not sure if it's clear what I need. Just a list so customers can see what the specs of my product are.
And I was also wondering how I can change the layout of the product page? When I add a picture, it only shows the thumbnail in the product details? In the configuration I have set the image dimensions to 450x360 px but that is not used in a product page?
It would be great if I can find anything on how to get started with the products. The rest of the documentation is very helpfull, but I'm really missing this (or maybe I just can't find it :blush: )
Thanks a lot.
Maybe I'm overlooking something, but I can't find any clear documentation on how to manage or setup the products for a shop. When I create a new product in the backend, I can fill in the dimensions. Is there any way to add more? I tried the charactaristics, but that is not working for me.
I need to create a list of some specs for each product, like dimensions, height, color, etc. If I use the charactaristics it will show a list with values to choose from. But I have, let's say, product A only available in red and product B only available in blue.
How do I do this?
I'm not sure if it's clear what I need. Just a list so customers can see what the specs of my product are.
And I was also wondering how I can change the layout of the product page? When I add a picture, it only shows the thumbnail in the product details? In the configuration I have set the image dimensions to 450x360 px but that is not used in a product page?
It would be great if I can find anything on how to get started with the products. The rest of the documentation is very helpfull, but I'm really missing this (or maybe I just can't find it :blush: )
Thanks a lot.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 4 months ago #17026
by niqui
Replied by niqui on topic Re: managing products
Oh, I see I did miss something... found how to add custom fields.
Still wondering about the size of the product image on a product page, though.
Still wondering about the size of the product image on a product page, though.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 4 months ago #17031
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: managing products
Yes, custom fields of the table product is what you're looking for for the product specifications.
For the images on product pages, there is no seperate option for the thumbnail size. It's the same as the listing thumbnails size. However, you can do like that:
www.hikashop.com/support/forum/4-how-to/...r.html?lang=en#15830
For the images on product pages, there is no seperate option for the thumbnail size. It's the same as the listing thumbnails size. However, you can do like that:
www.hikashop.com/support/forum/4-how-to/...r.html?lang=en#15830
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 4 months ago #17132
by niqui
Replied by niqui on topic Re: managing products
Thanks a lot, it worked!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds