- Posts: 16
- Thank you received: 0
Changing "parent category" on front end?
15 years 4 months ago #17070
by pproject
Changing "parent category" on front end? was created by pproject
Hi Nicolas,
I'd like to change "parent category" option for a product listing module, on the front end.
Would it be hard work? What files should be involved? Please advice.
Thanks
pproject
I'd like to change "parent category" option for a product listing module, on the front end.
Would it be hard work? What files should be involved? Please advice.
Thanks
pproject
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 4 months ago #17073
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Changing "parent category" on front end?
Could you give more information on what you want to do so that I can answer you ? Because it's too vague and I can't answer you accurately.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 4 months ago #17080
by pproject
Replied by pproject on topic Re: Changing "parent category" on front end?
I am thinking about, the products are belong to different gender, ages, brands and other attributes in a menu structure.
First I select the gender, after that age from menu. At this point I'd would like to have the capability to
list the products in different ways, using pre defined input box or boxes (select box), for example brands or
other attributes. For listing this way by a module, would be much easier if I could change the module parameters
from the front end (parent category and filtering). I know I can do this now creating many modules, but would be
much simpler just changing the parameters of one module on the front end.
First I select the gender, after that age from menu. At this point I'd would like to have the capability to
list the products in different ways, using pre defined input box or boxes (select box), for example brands or
other attributes. For listing this way by a module, would be much easier if I could change the module parameters
from the front end (parent category and filtering). I know I can do this now creating many modules, but would be
much simpler just changing the parameters of one module on the front end.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 4 months ago #17083
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Changing "parent category" on front end?
Indeed I see what you're talking about. You would like to have filters (dropdowns) which you could define from the back end and then the users could user them to filter out the products on the front end.
That's something which is not yet possible in HikaShop but it's on the todo list.
That's something which is not yet possible in HikaShop but it's on the todo list.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 4 months ago #17087
by pproject
Replied by pproject on topic Re: Changing "parent category" on front end?
Exactly, what I need. Nicolas do you have any time frame for developing this feature.
That would be extremely important for shops with several thousands different kind of products.
Can I plan with this feature in the near future (two mounts), or shall I thinking about an
alternate way?
Thanks
That would be extremely important for shops with several thousands different kind of products.
Can I plan with this feature in the near future (two mounts), or shall I thinking about an
alternate way?
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 4 months ago #17088
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Changing "parent category" on front end?
I can't give any ETA. We do features based on our resources. Sometimes customers will pay us to develop a feature and it goes at the top of the list, and we need to delay other features...
That's something we really want to do in the next months but if you want to play it safe and don't have the means to fund the development of the feature, I would recommend you to think about an alternate way.
That's something we really want to do in the next months but if you want to play it safe and don't have the means to fund the development of the feature, I would recommend you to think about an alternate way.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 4 months ago #17091
by pproject
Replied by pproject on topic Re: Changing "parent category" on front end?
I would subscribe this feature to the voting features list. (if it will be)
but I think you should release the new features for business version first (being more attractive)
later on (few months) shift the features down via free version (to receive more fund) and this way
buyers directly sponsor the development.
Anyway, could you estimate the "fund" in numbers?
but I think you should release the new features for business version first (being more attractive)
later on (few months) shift the features down via free version (to receive more fund) and this way
buyers directly sponsor the development.
Anyway, could you estimate the "fund" in numbers?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 4 months ago #17238
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Changing "parent category" on front end?
We replied to you in private.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds