Skip to main content

Remove controller and "each"

More
15 years 4 months ago #17311 by tandy
Hi

One of the new sites that I am working on is selling mainly one-off items. How do I remove the number of items controller and the word "each" from the product?

Thanks
Mark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #17315 by nicolas
What do you mean by "number of items" controller ?
Do you mean the text which displays the stock of the products on the product page ?
Like for the "each" word, you can just go in the languages tab of the configuration and override your translation file in order to change the text:
www.hikashop.com/download/languages.html#modify

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #17329 by tandy
Thanks, Nicolas. Sorted the "each". By the controller, I mean that + and - controls that change the number of items to be added to the cart. In most cases I want this not to appear because the items are one-off. Is this possible?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #17332 by nicolas
Yes, in the config under the tab display you have the option "Display the quantity field on the product page" which controls that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #17333 by tandy
Thanks a lot

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #17645 by Clarke
I think I understand how I should get rid of the "each" but it is not working for me. Whenever I hit save I get this message:

Not Acceptable
An appropriate representation of the requested resource /joomla/administrator/index.php could not be found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Do you know why this might be?

Thanks again.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #17653 by nicolas
Could you do a screenshot of the problem?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #17656 by Clarke
Does this help?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #17667 by nicolas
That's a strange error. No one reported such problem so far. Could you provide a back end access so that we can look at the problem ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #17737 by nicolas
You problem comes from mod_security, a module for apache, the web server you're using on your hosting.
It's a common problem on joomla and the solution is to turn off the security filtering engine.
Here are some thread on the joomla.org forum which explain a bit more the problem and how to solve it:
forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?p=715527#p715527
forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?t=126838
So you should be able to do that in your .htaccess (if you don't have one you should create it) at the root of your website.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 months ago #17853 by Clarke
Thanks for that. I read the links you posted and there seems to be some question marks over whether or not it is a good idea to write a .htaccess file which would bypass some aspects of the security - I didn't quite understand that myself and so I got in touch with my host who sorted it out for me in about half an hour because they are great.


They are www.nethosted.co.uk/ if anyone is interested.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 months ago #17867 by nicolas
Great!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.234 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum