- Posts: 164
- Thank you received: 0
Charge different prices for different varients...
- Rollerskate
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
15 years 4 months ago - 15 years 3 months ago #17436
by Rollerskate
Charge different prices for different varients... was created by Rollerskate
Hi there, just wondering if it's possible to have one product but charge different prices for different variants. In my case, I have a single image that I want to sell, but I would like to sell different sizes (prints). I thought this would be intuitive, but perhaps I'm just missing something.
Last edit: 15 years 3 months ago by Rollerskate.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 4 months ago #17440
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Charge different prices for different varients...
Once you create a characteristic, set the different values of the characteristic and added the characteristic to your product, you can click on the "manage variant" button of the product edition page. You will see a listing of all the variants of your product and you will be able to edit each one of them and set a different price for each one.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Rollerskate
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 164
- Thank you received: 0
15 years 4 months ago #17505
by Rollerskate
Replied by Rollerskate on topic Re: Charge different prices for different varients...
I tried to manage the variants after adding the characteristics to a single product. But when I do that, it seems to add all characteristics to one variant, which means if I add a price to it, all the characteristics will have the same price in one "variant", not different ones.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 4 months ago #17512
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Charge different prices for different varients...
Suppose that you sell a tshirt with the characteristics "color" and "size", and that you have two colors, red and blue, and two sizes, S and XL.
In reality, the tshirsts you are selling (the variants) always have a color and a size, right ?
You sell a blue S tshirt or a blue XL tshirt and not a blue tshirt or a XL tshirt.
So you could have a different price for each variant. Suppose that red coloring is more expensive than blue and that the price also vary based on the size, it could be like that:
blue S shirt: $10
blue XL shirt:$12
red S shirt: $11
red XL shirt:$13
In reality, the tshirsts you are selling (the variants) always have a color and a size, right ?
You sell a blue S tshirt or a blue XL tshirt and not a blue tshirt or a XL tshirt.
So you could have a different price for each variant. Suppose that red coloring is more expensive than blue and that the price also vary based on the size, it could be like that:
blue S shirt: $10
blue XL shirt:$12
red S shirt: $11
red XL shirt:$13
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Rollerskate
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 164
- Thank you received: 0
15 years 3 months ago #17822
by Rollerskate
Replied by Rollerskate on topic Re: Charge different prices for different varients...
Ah, I got it. I figured it out. Basically I was using it incorrectly. It's all good now.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds