- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 0
email speed
- myhcgfatloss
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
15 years 4 months ago #17489
by myhcgfatloss
email speed was created by myhcgfatloss
I understand that Hika Shop uses joomla's built in mail system however, what setting's are recommended for faster e-mails?
I have my cart all set up and ready, but when I did a dry run and ordered a few things my registration, and order confirmation were almost an half hour a part!
I attached my current mail settings.
I have my cart all set up and ready, but when I did a dry run and ordered a few things my registration, and order confirmation were almost an half hour a part!
I attached my current mail settings.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 4 months ago #17490
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: email speed
From what you're saying, the problem is not the email sending speed. The problem probably comes from your payment gateway which only sent the payment notification half an hour after the payment was made. Unfortunately, there is not much you can do besides asking your payment gateway to send the payment notifications faster or use another payment gateway.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- myhcgfatloss
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 0
15 years 4 months ago #17491
by myhcgfatloss
Replied by myhcgfatloss on topic Re: email speed
I used the free "bank transfer" plug in as instructed in the tutorial. I don't think that uses a payment gateway system.
Also my account details took a long time to get to my inbox; I don't' want to lose a potential customer because they had to wait 10+ minutes before their log on information.
Also my account details took a long time to get to my inbox; I don't' want to lose a potential customer because they had to wait 10+ minutes before their log on information.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 4 months ago #17492
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: email speed
With the bank transfer plugin there is indeed no payment notification so it's a different problem than the one I explained above.
From your previous message I thought that the account registration email came immediately and that you were getting the order confirmation half an hour after.
But since now you're saying that your account registration is also long to get to your inbox, it's likely to be a problem with your email server.
I see that you're using the sendmail function in order to send your emails. That means that you're using your hosting company email server which is pre configured on your server.
You should ask your hosting company about that problem. They should be able to help you by either transfering you to another email server or by proposing you a faster way to send the emails. Also, you have the option of sending your emails via an external SMTP server like the one provided with gmail accounts so that could be also a solution.
From your previous message I thought that the account registration email came immediately and that you were getting the order confirmation half an hour after.
But since now you're saying that your account registration is also long to get to your inbox, it's likely to be a problem with your email server.
I see that you're using the sendmail function in order to send your emails. That means that you're using your hosting company email server which is pre configured on your server.
You should ask your hosting company about that problem. They should be able to help you by either transfering you to another email server or by proposing you a faster way to send the emails. Also, you have the option of sending your emails via an external SMTP server like the one provided with gmail accounts so that could be also a solution.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- myhcgfatloss
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 0
15 years 4 months ago #17493
by myhcgfatloss
Replied by myhcgfatloss on topic Re: email speed
Got it, can I ask what e-mail system do you use? SMTP? Host? Sendmail? Which faster?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 4 months ago #17494
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: email speed
smtp, host and sendmail are only connection methods to your email server. The connection can vary from 1 to 5 seconds maximum (smtp is a little bit slower), but that won't create gaps of 30minutes. That parameter is only important when you send thousands of emails in short periods of time with newsletters as the connection itself needs to be fast.
In your case, what slows down the sending of the email is the email server queue. That's why I encouraged you to contact your hosting company. They are the one controling the email server and who will know why the queue of the email server takes so much time to be processed.
For information, on our servers, we use sendmail.
In your case, what slows down the sending of the email is the email server queue. That's why I encouraged you to contact your hosting company. They are the one controling the email server and who will know why the queue of the email server takes so much time to be processed.
For information, on our servers, we use sendmail.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- myhcgfatloss
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 0
15 years 4 months ago #17495
by myhcgfatloss
Replied by myhcgfatloss on topic Re: email speed
thanks!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds