Skip to main content

Registration form problems

More
15 years 4 months ago #17527 by theburger
Hi,

I am having some trouble with customising the registration/login form.

www.run9s.com/

I have the login for in the side menu. If you click the create an account link it goes to a very badly designed form. I would like to have this link go to the page with the login and registration form on the same page.

I have created a menu item pointing to registration form for the shop but again the layout is not good. I have managed to space the registration boxes better but cant see where to change the address section.

If you add something to the cart and then click the shopping cart, you will be taken to the registration page, you will see what I mean.

Also if something is added to the cart and then you register the contents of the cart is lost.

I hope you can help.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #17528 by nicolas
1. The "create an account" link of the joomla login module can be change in the joomla login module file: modules/mod_login/tmpl/default.php

2.You can change the address section via the menu Display->Custom fields

3.I don't see what you mean

4. Please make sure that the hikashopuser system plugin is published in your joomla plugins manager.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #17531 by theburger
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I have updated the create an account link now. If you click on the create an account link below the login box you are taken to the registration form page. You will see that the bottom section of the form is ADDRESS INFORMATION. The boxes are very squashed together and need spacing like the top section. Also there is no border or background colour.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #17532 by theburger
The picture above is what the form looks like if you go to checkout without registering or logining in.

This picture is what the registration form looks like.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #17534 by theburger
nicolas wrote:

1. The "create an account" link of the joomla login module can be change in the joomla login module file: modules/mod_login/tmpl/default.php

2.You can change the address section via the menu Display->Custom fields

3.I don't see what you mean

4. Please make sure that the hikashopuser system plugin is published in your joomla plugins manager.


Hi,

The only plugin I can find is HikaShop joomla user account link plugin.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #17535 by theburger
This is a picture of registering with something in your basket

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #17536 by theburger
This is after activating the account. You will see the basket has been emptied

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #17541 by theburger
Hi,

I have sorted out the box spacing now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #17545 by nicolas
The fieldset around the registration form is indeed only on the checkout registration view. If you need it on the normal registration page, you can add it in the file form of the view user of the front end via the menu Display->Views.
Since you don't have the hikashopuser system plugin, I would recommend you to install the latest version of HikaShop and that should solve the cart being empty after activation.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago - 15 years 4 months ago #17563 by theburger
nicolas wrote:

The fieldset around the registration form is indeed only on the checkout registration view. If you need it on the normal registration page, you can add it in the file form of the view user of the front end via the menu Display->Views.
Since you don't have the hikashopuser system plugin, I would recommend you to install the latest version of HikaShop and that should solve the cart being empty after activation.


Hi thanks for the reply. I only downloaded it and installed it today so I assume this is the latest version.

I have tried to edit the user registration.php file through the front end, but it will not let me change the file. It will not save the changes.

If I pm you the login details can you please have a look.

THANKS
Last edit: 15 years 4 months ago by theburger.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #17568 by nicolas
It's the latest version, but that is installed automatically when HikaShop installs. If you don't have it, there is only two possible explanations:
1. you removed it
2. the install didn't work properly
In both cases, reinstalling HikaShop should solve the problem.

Why are you trying to edit the registration.php file ? I told you to edit the file 'form' of the view 'user' of the front end via the menu Display->Views. What error message do you have ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #17574 by theburger
Hi,

I tried to edit the file through the frontend as per your instructions but again it would not save the changes. There is no error message it just reverts back to the way it was before the edit. Anyway I have edited the file "front/views/user/tmpl/form.php manually and it is working.

I did a re-install but its still the same. I have checked for hikashopuser plugin but its still not there. Can it be manually installed.

Sorry to be a pain about this.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #17580 by nicolas
If the saving of the templates override doesn't work, it's probably because joomla can't write the files in the folder templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_hikashop become of the way the permissions are setup in that folder (or the parent folder). Correcting the permissions should solve the problem.

Could you filter the joomla plugins listing by the group "system" and do a screenshot of that listing ?
You can install it by hand yes. In the hikashop install package, in the folder back/extensions, you have a folder plg_system_hikashopuser. If you zip it and install it via the joomla installer, that will install the plugin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago - 15 years 4 months ago #17583 by theburger
Hi,

I have installed it now and all working fine. Screen shot below before installation.

Thankyou very much for the great support and fast replies.

Last edit: 15 years 4 months ago by theburger.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.299 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum