- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
Can't find Characteristics Management Interface
- pschwartz81
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
15 years 3 months ago #17861
by pschwartz81
Can't find Characteristics Management Interface was created by pschwartz81
I have been spending the last hour trying to find the section where I can create product characteristics. I see where the add characteristics section is on the edit products page, but can't find another page that lets me create the characteristics. Please help. Thank you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 3 months ago #17862
by xantof
Replied by xantof on topic Re: Can't find Characteristics Management Interface
Hi,
Did you press the "New" button? :huh: [for example to add a Colour characteristic]
... then "Add" [as many times as necessary to add individual colours]
[don't forget to use the "Help" button -- too often underused!] :laugh:
Did you press the "New" button? :huh: [for example to add a Colour characteristic]
... then "Add" [as many times as necessary to add individual colours]
[don't forget to use the "Help" button -- too often underused!] :laugh:
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 3 months ago #17874
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Can't find Characteristics Management Interface
The "Add" button on the product page is to add a characteristic to a product. You need to have the characteristic created first. You can manage your characteristics via the menu Products->Characteristics in HikaShop.
Indeed, the "Help" button should help you greatly as it contains a lot of information for each of the views.
Indeed, the "Help" button should help you greatly as it contains a lot of information for each of the views.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- pschwartz81
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
15 years 3 months ago #17904
by pschwartz81
Replied by pschwartz81 on topic Re: Can't find Characteristics Management Interface
I have been through the documentation, help, websearches. If I am on the main hikashop screen, then click on the Products section, I don't see any options for characteristics. From the main hikashop control panel, where would I click through to? When I go to the product listing, and then the product edit screen, I see no options to create characterstics, only the box on the side to add characteristics to the current product. Sorry for my density on this, I am just not seeing any place to actually create a set of characteristics.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- pschwartz81
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
15 years 3 months ago #17907
by pschwartz81
Replied by pschwartz81 on topic Re: Can't find Characteristics Management Interface
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 3 months ago #17914
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Can't find Characteristics Management Interface
I see that you have something called Gears on your back end. Maybe that's what causing the menu not to display. You might want to try to disable it.
Also, you should try to go in the configuration of HikaShop, under the tab Display and change the option "Menu position" to "above the main content area".
Also, you should try to go in the configuration of HikaShop, under the tab Display and change the option "Menu position" to "above the main content area".
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- pschwartz81
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
15 years 3 months ago #17915
by pschwartz81
Replied by pschwartz81 on topic Re: Can't find Characteristics Management Interface
One of those worked. Not sure which, but I'll investigate later. Bless you and thank you for the help.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds