- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
US-state tax and shipping, login
- nadosurfer
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
15 years 3 months ago - 15 years 3 months ago #17923
by nadosurfer
US-state tax and shipping, login was created by nadosurfer
Help on this would be great--I've spent a couple whole days on this and cannot figure out the answer. I'd like to post a guide once I get this done, to help others.
First, I have two products for sale in California. I need to tax both items 8.75%, but ONLY to California residents. Nobody else in the world needs to pay that tax. As I've set it up, tax apparently is being added to the product for everybody--I cannot figure out how to apply the tax only to Californians. Here is the link: wavegrinder.com/beta-products-page . The products are $65 and $11, which after tax is $70.69 and $11.96.
A related issue is that I've set up Display to show product price plus tax, and the filed label on the front end reads "excl VAT." In the US, we have tax, not what is commonly known as Value-Added Tax (VAT). Can I change the text "VAT" to "tax" somehow?
Second, I want to charge shipping of $12.35 to US destinations, $30 to everywhere else in the world. I have tried setting this up too, but cannot get it to apply.
Any help on these questions would be wonderful!
Thanks,
Doug
First, I have two products for sale in California. I need to tax both items 8.75%, but ONLY to California residents. Nobody else in the world needs to pay that tax. As I've set it up, tax apparently is being added to the product for everybody--I cannot figure out how to apply the tax only to Californians. Here is the link: wavegrinder.com/beta-products-page . The products are $65 and $11, which after tax is $70.69 and $11.96.
A related issue is that I've set up Display to show product price plus tax, and the filed label on the front end reads "excl VAT." In the US, we have tax, not what is commonly known as Value-Added Tax (VAT). Can I change the text "VAT" to "tax" somehow?
Second, I want to charge shipping of $12.35 to US destinations, $30 to everywhere else in the world. I have tried setting this up too, but cannot get it to apply.
Any help on these questions would be wonderful!
Thanks,
Doug
Last edit: 15 years 3 months ago by nadosurfer.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 3 months ago #17925
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: US-state tax and shipping, login
Could you post a screenshot of your tax rules listing and of your manual shipping methods listing so that we can see what you're missing ?
For the VAT, you can just go in the config under the tab languages and edit your translation file. There, you will be able to override the translations as explained there: www.hikashop.com/download/languages.html#modify
For the VAT, you can just go in the config under the tab languages and edit your translation file. There, you will be able to override the translations as explained there: www.hikashop.com/download/languages.html#modify
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- nadosurfer
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
15 years 3 months ago #17934
by nadosurfer
Replied by nadosurfer on topic Re: US-state tax and shipping, login
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 3 months ago #17943
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: US-state tax and shipping, login
I tried to register on your website but didn't got the confirmation email.
The taxes seem to be configured properly. If the customer sets his address to europe for instance, he should not be taxed.
For the shipping methods, I see that you set the united arab emirates which do not inlcude the world countries except the USA as it is just one country so it's normal that the international shipping is not working. You should create a new zone called "rest of the world" with all the countries in it as subzones except the USA .
PLease make sure that you set a weight in your products.
The taxes seem to be configured properly. If the customer sets his address to europe for instance, he should not be taxed.
For the shipping methods, I see that you set the united arab emirates which do not inlcude the world countries except the USA as it is just one country so it's normal that the international shipping is not working. You should create a new zone called "rest of the world" with all the countries in it as subzones except the USA .
PLease make sure that you set a weight in your products.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds