Product Category Ordering
- brainforge
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
15 years 3 months ago #18185
by brainforge
Product Category Ordering was created by brainforge
In table #__hikashop_product_category there is a column called ordering.
How is this maintained in the administration screens?
There is nothing in the categories section of the products page.
For now I have resorted to doing a manual update in SQL to get the values I want in there so that I can then use the value of ordering in my own code when displaying related product/category information.
How is this maintained in the administration screens?
There is nothing in the categories section of the products page.
For now I have resorted to doing a manual update in SQL to get the values I want in there so that I can then use the value of ordering in my own code when displaying related product/category information.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 3 months ago #18194
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Product Category Ordering
In the products listing, by default the ordering column should be displayed. Now, if you change the filters on the top right of the listing, the column is removed as it's not possible to handle the ordering when the filters are changed.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- brainforge
-
Topic Author
- Offline
15 years 3 months ago #18199
by brainforge
Replied by brainforge on topic Re: Product Category Ordering
Ah, I see I was looking at this the wrong way round.
I have a product in several categories A, B, C, D and I want to list which categories that product is in as D, B, A, D. These categories could be children of another category (e.g. D child of E, B child of M).
Looks like the solution will be to create a custom category item called something like category_ordering and enter an appropriate value for each category.
I have a product in several categories A, B, C, D and I want to list which categories that product is in as D, B, A, D. These categories could be children of another category (e.g. D child of E, B child of M).
Looks like the solution will be to create a custom category item called something like category_ordering and enter an appropriate value for each category.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- brainforge
-
Topic Author
- Offline
15 years 3 months ago #18205
by brainforge
Replied by brainforge on topic Re: Product Category Ordering
I meant category_my_ordering
In the admin screen I need to see the My Ordering value - the category order value is not available when showing all sub elements.
In the admin screen I need to see the My Ordering value - the category order value is not available when showing all sub elements.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 3 months ago #18208
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Product Category Ordering
In which admin screen ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- brainforge
-
Topic Author
- Offline
15 years 3 months ago #18212
by brainforge
Replied by brainforge on topic Re: Product Category Ordering
PRODUCTS -> CATEGORIES
Leave Root/Filter blank and select All Sub Elements.
The standard Order column is not available - I think it might be more confusing if it was shown.
Leave Root/Filter blank and select All Sub Elements.
The standard Order column is not available - I think it might be more confusing if it was shown.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 3 months ago #18214
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Product Category Ordering
Yes, that's normal. You can't order stuff when you're displaying all the categories.
That's the same on the products listing.
The ordering column is only displayed when you're displaying the direct sub elements.
That's the same on the products listing.
The ordering column is only displayed when you're displaying the direct sub elements.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.247 seconds