Skip to main content

Discount based on total order quantity?

More
15 years 10 months ago #1870 by borisgoodenough
Can HikaShop calculate a discount based on the total quantity of all items, instead of individual item quantities?

I maintain the website for a winery that offers a 10% discount to customers who buy 12 bottles or more, but they can mix different wines to get the discount -- 6 bottles of Chardonnay, 3 Riesling, 3 Syrah, for example. So I need to be able to calculate the discount based on everything that's in the cart.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 10 months ago #1871 by nicolas
You can have coupons with a minimum order value and the option "Auto load in cart if possible" set to yes so that the coupon is applied to the cart automatically when the order is at least 20$ for instance. That's possible in the commercial versions of HikaShop.
It's not possible to limit a coupon based on the number of items in the cart.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 10 months ago #1874 by borisgoodenough
In the commercial versions, can you do a quantity discount by category? So if I put all the wines in one category, could I then apply a category discount by quantity? ("Buy 12 or more items from this category, get 10% off")

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 10 months ago #1876 by nicolas
You can put a restriction on a category for coupons so that if a product from that category is in the order, the coupon will be usable. But again, neither discounts nor coupons handles restrictions on the number of items in the cart.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 10 months ago #1877 by borisgoodenough
Thanks, Nicolas. I guess the cart won't work for this client.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 9 months ago #4402 by mollyf
I would like to see this option, too. Buy 12 or more, get 15% off.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 9 months ago #4404 by nicolas
You can set several prices for each product with a minimum quantity so that the user will get a rebate if he buys more than that minimum.
So you can already do that but only on a per product basis.
If you want to do it for the number of items in the cart like borisgoodenough wanted to do, the solution I proposed in my first reply might be ok if all your products have the same price.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 9 months ago #4405 by mollyf
I have exactly the issue borisisgoodenough described, even the detail that I'm trying to sell wine. Please put a quantity discount on your long to-do list? :) Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 9 months ago #4407 by nicolas
It's already in our todo list :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 8 months ago #4416 by borisgoodenough
Molly, perhaps we should ask them to create the "Edition Vigneron" of HikaShop?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #16129 by TheEdge
Has this feature been added? I am hoping that since it was requested 4 months ago there has been progress :-). Is there any way to accomplish this? Even if I have to write a plugin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #16134 by nicolas
That's something which will be added in next version.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #16135 by TheEdge
The obvious next question. Do you have any timeline for the next version release?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #16137 by nicolas
Before the end of the week.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #16180 by TheEdge
Fantastic! Much appreciated Nicolas.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #16604 by TheEdge
Hi Nicolas,

I downloaded and installed 1.5.0 with no problems. However when I went to configure a discount based on a number of items such functionality does not appear to be there as expected in the new version. It is also not mentioned in the Change Log. Have I missed something?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #16606 by nicolas
It is only displayed for coupons as it cannot work for discounts.
We indeed forgot to add the line of that feature in the change log. Thanks, we just added it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #16676 by TheEdge
Thanks Nicolas. I have got that to work successfully.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #16844 by borisgoodenough
Thanks for remembering this, Nicolas. Will download and give this a try tomorrow.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.315 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum