- Posts: 93
- Thank you received: 5
add variant type to cart module...
15 years 10 months ago #1889
by reace
you Guys are Awesome and have excellent Support! Keep up the great Work!.
add variant type to cart module... was created by reace
I have noticed that if I have a product say candle and the product has a characteristic called fragrance and there are 3 fragrances
violet,lush & raspberry.
then when the product is added to the cart it simply add's only the name of the product but not the attribute with which it is associated to.
therefore if I add the product 'Large candle' with the Attribute 'raspberry' to the cart all that is stated in the cart is 'Large candle', If I then add another 'Large candle' to the cart with the attribute 'lush' then all the is added to the cart again is 'Large Candle', being a customer I would not be able to tell what 'Large candle' resolves to which 'Attribute' unless...
on each Characteristic I change the name to Large Candle (Lush), Large Candle (Raspberry) & Large Candle (Violet).. only then will the cart reflect the choice's that the customer has made.
therefore I ask is it possible to perhaps have a select box with the option to add 'variants' to the 'cart module' if a shop owner wishes?
so that if I setup the products and variants , variants having already unique names. to display them in the cart like so ;
<product> (<variant>), or Large Candle (Violet)
Thanks.
ps: I am slowly coming to appreciate this cart , and i have tested a lot of them. Most all joomla cart's are no good. this one with its support is definitely worth persevering with.
violet,lush & raspberry.
then when the product is added to the cart it simply add's only the name of the product but not the attribute with which it is associated to.
therefore if I add the product 'Large candle' with the Attribute 'raspberry' to the cart all that is stated in the cart is 'Large candle', If I then add another 'Large candle' to the cart with the attribute 'lush' then all the is added to the cart again is 'Large Candle', being a customer I would not be able to tell what 'Large candle' resolves to which 'Attribute' unless...
on each Characteristic I change the name to Large Candle (Lush), Large Candle (Raspberry) & Large Candle (Violet).. only then will the cart reflect the choice's that the customer has made.
therefore I ask is it possible to perhaps have a select box with the option to add 'variants' to the 'cart module' if a shop owner wishes?
so that if I setup the products and variants , variants having already unique names. to display them in the cart like so ;
<product> (<variant>), or Large Candle (Violet)
Thanks.
ps: I am slowly coming to appreciate this cart , and i have tested a lot of them. Most all joomla cart's are no good. this one with its support is definitely worth persevering with.
you Guys are Awesome and have excellent Support! Keep up the great Work!.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 10 months ago #1891
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: add variant type to cart module...
That's indeed the case. Note that this is only on the cart module. On the product page and the checkout, the characteristics values are already added to the name of the product if no name is set in the variant (something we added 2 weeks ago).
For the cart module you can try to replace the file components/com_hikashop/views/product/view.html.php by the one in the archive in this post. That's something we want to add to the next release in fact.
This attachment is hidden for guests.
For the cart module you can try to replace the file components/com_hikashop/views/product/view.html.php by the one in the archive in this post. That's something we want to add to the next release in fact.
This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 10 months ago #1899
by reace
you Guys are Awesome and have excellent Support! Keep up the great Work!.
Replied by reace on topic Re: add variant type to cart module...
WOW!.. look at that , already done 
installed and working perfectly , thank you very much.
installed and working perfectly , thank you very much.
you Guys are Awesome and have excellent Support! Keep up the great Work!.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds