- Posts: 22
- Thank you received: 1
Module Association
15 years 3 months ago #19327
by rmalik
Module Association was created by rmalik
Hi I just discovered Hikashop yesterday and am amazed at the good work that you have put in.
I need one clarification: - In my menu I have links for category listings, and also each individual product show.
I have modules associated with each individual product link on the menu, and this works fine. But if I select a link for a category listing, and then click on a particular product, the associated modules are not shown. Whats the fix?
Thanks and regards
Raminder
I need one clarification: - In my menu I have links for category listings, and also each individual product show.
I have modules associated with each individual product link on the menu, and this works fine. But if I select a link for a category listing, and then click on a particular product, the associated modules are not shown. Whats the fix?
Thanks and regards
Raminder
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 3 months ago #19328
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Module Association
I'm not following you. Could you give a link of your shop so that we can see what you have ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 3 months ago - 15 years 3 months ago #19330
by rmalik
Replied by rmalik on topic Re: Module Association
The link is
www.webnobility.com
I have temporarily disabled some of the links so that site visitors do not face problems, but to check what I mean, in the top menu, please go to New Websites->Social Networking->Basic Social Networking
When the page opens, you will see two modules two modules on the right (product image, currency selector)and one module on the top (with the product name). This is how it should be.
But if I click the category listing New Websites->Social Networking, I see the products correctly. But if I click on 'Basic Social Networking' the modules on the top and right are not visible
I also have category listings in the scroller (black) on the home page. I face the same problem there. If I click Basic Social Networking under Social Networking the modules on the top and right are not visible
There is diference in the two URLS -
webnobility.com/cmsa/new-websites/social...l-networking-website
and
webnobility.com/cmsa/new-websites/social...e/category_pathway-0
and scroller link url is
webnobility.com/cmsa/component/hikashop/...e/category_pathway-0
Most likely the issue is some small configuration setting that I have overlooked. Please help
Thanks and regards
Raminder
I have temporarily disabled some of the links so that site visitors do not face problems, but to check what I mean, in the top menu, please go to New Websites->Social Networking->Basic Social Networking
When the page opens, you will see two modules two modules on the right (product image, currency selector)and one module on the top (with the product name). This is how it should be.
But if I click the category listing New Websites->Social Networking, I see the products correctly. But if I click on 'Basic Social Networking' the modules on the top and right are not visible
I also have category listings in the scroller (black) on the home page. I face the same problem there. If I click Basic Social Networking under Social Networking the modules on the top and right are not visible
There is diference in the two URLS -
webnobility.com/cmsa/new-websites/social...l-networking-website
and
webnobility.com/cmsa/new-websites/social...e/category_pathway-0
and scroller link url is
webnobility.com/cmsa/component/hikashop/...e/category_pathway-0
Most likely the issue is some small configuration setting that I have overlooked. Please help
Thanks and regards
Raminder
Last edit: 15 years 3 months ago by rmalik.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 3 months ago - 15 years 3 months ago #19331
by rmalik
Replied by rmalik on topic Re: Module Association
Last edit: 15 years 3 months ago by rmalik.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 3 months ago #19346
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Module Association
What you need to do is to edit your modules' options in the joomla module manager and assign them to not only the "Basic Social Networking" but also to the "Social Networking" menu. Then, you should see them in your menu New Websites->Social Networking and when you click on the "Basic Social Networking" link of that page as well.
For the scroller, you need to edit your module, go in the hikashop options of the module and set the menu option to your "Basic Social Networking" so that the same modules will be displayed on both.
For the scroller, you need to edit your module, go in the hikashop options of the module and set the menu option to your "Basic Social Networking" so that the same modules will be displayed on both.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds