- Posts: 8
- Thank you received: 0
Categories Menu
15 years 3 months ago #19363
by rduser
Categories Menu was created by rduser
HI
I am trying to create a shop front page with a menu listing all categories and subcategories on the left hand side. Have followed online instructions but all I get is one item in menu linking to categories listing page.
Basically I have several categories with subcategories and I would like to list these as a menu so user can choose to go directly to product listing for a particular category. Am new to Hika and have yet to work out how this all works as very different from other e-commerce packages.
Thanks
I am trying to create a shop front page with a menu listing all categories and subcategories on the left hand side. Have followed online instructions but all I get is one item in menu linking to categories listing page.
Basically I have several categories with subcategories and I would like to list these as a menu so user can choose to go directly to product listing for a particular category. Am new to Hika and have yet to work out how this all works as very different from other e-commerce packages.
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 3 months ago #19374
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Categories Menu
What you want to do is to create a new module of the type hikashop content module which will list the categories directly as a menu and NOT create a menu item:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/6...ml#categories_module
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/6...ml#categories_module
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 3 months ago #19388
by rduser
Replied by rduser on topic Re: Categories Menu
Thanks for help but still not working.
What other modules/procedures do I have to go through, as previously stated I need a menu with categories/subcategories so that clicking on any entry takes me to a product listing for that page.
Slightly confused by the link you sent as it shows image at beginning of what appears to a be a menu entry, and then states that you do not need to make a menu entry?
What other modules/procedures do I have to go through, as previously stated I need a menu with categories/subcategories so that clicking on any entry takes me to a product listing for that page.
Slightly confused by the link you sent as it shows image at beginning of what appears to a be a menu entry, and then states that you do not need to make a menu entry?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 3 months ago #19389
by rduser
Replied by rduser on topic Re: Categories Menu
Ignore last post, I cleared everything away and started again and now have display.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds