- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
A Question about Price Currency
- bsmcgillis
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
15 years 3 months ago #19600
by bsmcgillis
A Question about Price Currency was created by bsmcgillis
My shop is in the US, so my prices are listed as US Dollars. But I want to know what will happen if someone from, say, the UK orders something from my site.
Are they able to buy the item?
How is the price calculated for British pounds from US dollars? Is this something that my merchant account (I plan to use Authorize.net) will calculate and convert for the customer, or is there something I need to calculate on my own?
I see that there is a currency switcher module for HikaShop, but when I change the currency from dollars to pounds, it just changes the symbol and leaves the price the same.
Thanks
Are they able to buy the item?
How is the price calculated for British pounds from US dollars? Is this something that my merchant account (I plan to use Authorize.net) will calculate and convert for the customer, or is there something I need to calculate on my own?
I see that there is a currency switcher module for HikaShop, but when I change the currency from dollars to pounds, it just changes the symbol and leaves the price the same.
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 3 months ago #19602
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: A Question about Price Currency
Most shops only show one currency and unpublish all the other currencies.
Then, the payment is made in their currency and it's the bank of the card holder which add additional fees to the card holder for the currency conversion.
Authorize.net only accepts USD so you don't have the choice to propose, like on our website, the payment in EUR and in USD. It's more complicated to put in place as the rates change everyday and that you need to handle yourself the currency conversion (so your bank charges you fees for that).
If you see the same price when you change the currency, it means that you didn't set a currency rate for GPB in the menu System->Currencies. By default in HikaShop all the currencies have a rate of 1 so you have to set the rates yourself. In the commercial editions, we have an automatic rate update mechanism for that.
Then, the payment is made in their currency and it's the bank of the card holder which add additional fees to the card holder for the currency conversion.
Authorize.net only accepts USD so you don't have the choice to propose, like on our website, the payment in EUR and in USD. It's more complicated to put in place as the rates change everyday and that you need to handle yourself the currency conversion (so your bank charges you fees for that).
If you see the same price when you change the currency, it means that you didn't set a currency rate for GPB in the menu System->Currencies. By default in HikaShop all the currencies have a rate of 1 so you have to set the rates yourself. In the commercial editions, we have an automatic rate update mechanism for that.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- bsmcgillis
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
15 years 3 months ago #19603
by bsmcgillis
Replied by bsmcgillis on topic Re: A Question about Price Currency
In that case, I can just unpublish the currency switcher. I'll leave the prices as USD.
Thanks
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds