- Posts: 117
- Thank you received: 0
have featured products on the home page.
I have been looking at some other record sites and think I need to change the way the site is set up. I would now like to put products on the home page. I will take that is on there and move it elsewhere.
I would like to have featured products or latest arrivals. If possible from all categories. However, I want to keep the left hand category module as it is, so that people can navigate straight to their chosen area. Please can you tell me how to do this.
Please can you also tell me how I have managed to muck up the left column. I now have space above the categoies list. there seems to be a hidden element there, and I am not sure what it is. I suspect I have turned something on?
I also wonder if it is possible to keep shopping when you add an item to the cart, rather than being directed straight to the login page.
Thanks for the help.
Sarah www.acrossthetracksrecords.com
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thanks for all your support; this is a really powerful and professional plugin. The support has been superb.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I have had a few day of working on my own business, and now want to make some progress (I am nearly there) with the record site.
I am still trying to display featured items on the home page. I think I am going to find it hard to describe the problems, but I will give it a go.
I have created a module called featured products.
Firstly, with options given for position, do not include the main body of the page, so I have used the banner position. Is this the best option?
Secondly, if you look at the products on the home page, there is only one. That item is contained in the folder "product category" (where it is by accident) All of the other products are in the sub-folders, and they do not appear on the home page.
Thirdly, the title of the module is not showing, even though I have the option, in the module, selected to show title.
There are other problems with the individual category pages, but perhaps it would be best to sort out one set of problems at a time.
Thanks in advance
Sarah
www.acrossthetracksrecords.com
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
For the title, it's because your template is made to not display the title on the banner position. So you could try to use another position.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
With regard to using a position other than the banner position, none of the other positions display in the main body of the page. They are either in the right hand or left hand columns, or the display below the main body. So I do not know how to get them in the main body other than banner position?
My next problem, is with the category pages themselves. The products have a different background colour than the featured items on the home page. I cannot find what is governing the style of the items as in firebug, where you usualy get the name of the style sheet, the name of the category is appearing?
THe featued items background is governed by the display> default perameters for divs, so I cannot find where to change the colour described above.
Many thanks
Sarah
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
docs.joomla.org/Understanding_Output_Overrides#Module_Chrome
You might want to ask your template provider about such change.
The default options of the configuration are only for new menus and modules. For existing menus and modules, you should access their options via the menus Display->Content menus/modules.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I am sorry to be so stupid, but I still cannot figure out where to change the background of the products on the category pages described above? I have looked at all my modules and cannot see where there is reference to the background colour. I know it will be something simple, but I cannot for the life of me k=find it.
so sorry,
Sarah
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...odules-form.html#div
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 121
- Thank you received: 0
I too have created a module, I have assigned the root product category so that (I hope) it pulls products from any of the product categories. I set it into a module position.
It only ever shows a random product when I go into the shop and into a category. On all other pages like the home page, nothing but the module title is displayed.
What do I have to configure to have random products from ALL categories of product to show on any page, not just in the shop pages?
Cheers
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 121
- Thank you received: 0
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.