- Posts: 112
- Thank you received: 0
Alert:The document cannot change while Printing...
15 years 3 months ago #19762
by lrazov
Alert:The document cannot change while Printing... was created by lrazov
Hi,
I am getting the alert: "The document cannot change while Printing or in Print Preview" when I do the following steps:
Open an order invoice page, click on print button, cancel, go back on user panel page and when I try accessing any page from the user panel page - the alert popups. I also noticed that if I cancel printing, the browser window stays in loading mode. I now can not stop it popping up!
Is there a way to fix or disable the alert?
I am getting the alert: "The document cannot change while Printing or in Print Preview" when I do the following steps:
Open an order invoice page, click on print button, cancel, go back on user panel page and when I try accessing any page from the user panel page - the alert popups. I also noticed that if I cancel printing, the browser window stays in loading mode. I now can not stop it popping up!
Is there a way to fix or disable the alert?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 3 months ago #19773
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Alert:The document cannot change while Printing...
We didn't had that problem in our tests. Could you try on our demo website to see if you have the problem there too ?
If so, could you give the browser your using ? Could you try with another browser ?
Otherwise, could you give an access to these pages on your website so that we can see the problem (you can use the contact form in that case) ?
If so, could you give the browser your using ? Could you try with another browser ?
Otherwise, could you give an access to these pages on your website so that we can see the problem (you can use the contact form in that case) ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 3 months ago - 15 years 3 months ago #19780
by lrazov
Replied by lrazov on topic Re: Alert:The document cannot change while Printing...
In your demo you don't seem to give access to user orders page where a user could print an invoice - that's were the issue occurs.
I've tried in IE9 - the issue didn't happen. It happened in Firefox 4.0.1. But after I ran upgrade to 5.0 the issue resolved by itself. Weird...
Thank you for your help.
I've tried in IE9 - the issue didn't happen. It happened in Firefox 4.0.1. But after I ran upgrade to 5.0 the issue resolved by itself. Weird...
Thank you for your help.
Last edit: 15 years 3 months ago by lrazov.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 3 months ago #19790
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Alert:The document cannot change while Printing...
We also did some search on our end. It's indeed a problem which appears in Firefox sometimes:
geekswithblogs.net/leesblog/archive/2009...-my-hiney-today.aspx
Apparently, the solution is to increase the delay of the popup closing. You can do that by changing the line:
$js = "window.addEvent('domready', function() {window.print();setTimeout(function(){try{ window.top.document.getElementById('sbox-window').close(); }catch(err){ window.top.SqueezeBox.close(); }}, 50);});";
to:
$js = "window.addEvent('domready', function() {window.print();setTimeout(function(){try{ window.top.document.getElementById('sbox-window').close(); }catch(err){ window.top.SqueezeBox.close(); }}, 4000);});";
in the file components/com_hikashop/views/order/view.html.php
Apparently, the solution is to increase the delay of the popup closing. You can do that by changing the line:
$js = "window.addEvent('domready', function() {window.print();setTimeout(function(){try{ window.top.document.getElementById('sbox-window').close(); }catch(err){ window.top.SqueezeBox.close(); }}, 50);});";
to:
$js = "window.addEvent('domready', function() {window.print();setTimeout(function(){try{ window.top.document.getElementById('sbox-window').close(); }catch(err){ window.top.SqueezeBox.close(); }}, 4000);});";
in the file components/com_hikashop/views/order/view.html.php
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds