- Posts: 69
- Thank you received: 0
Product Page Description
15 years 3 months ago #19829
by Pit Pony
Product Page Description was created by Pit Pony
I am new to CMS and Joomla, using version 1.6
I am trying the free version of hikashop by working through the support notes.
Have not been able to add a description to a product page, anything I type in the box disappears when you save it, am I missing something.
Also 1.6 does not give you the option to link to a single article as described in the support notes, is there a way round it.
Thanks
I am trying the free version of hikashop by working through the support notes.
Have not been able to add a description to a product page, anything I type in the box disappears when you save it, am I missing something.
Also 1.6 does not give you the option to link to a single article as described in the support notes, is there a way round it.
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 3 months ago #19830
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Product Page Description
If you can't write in the description of your products, it's because of your HTML editor or your browser. You can change your HTML editor via the option "editor" in the configuration of HikaShop.
Joomla 1.6 gives you the possibility to link to the product page. You must be overlooking something.
Joomla 1.6 gives you the possibility to link to the product page. You must be overlooking something.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 3 months ago #19833
by Pit Pony
Replied by Pit Pony on topic Re: Product Page Description
Have changed editor and now works fine, was previously using JCE...
Will have another go at product link, sometimes you cant see the woods for the trees...
Thanks
Will have another go at product link, sometimes you cant see the woods for the trees...
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 3 months ago #19883
by Pit Pony
Replied by Pit Pony on topic Re: Product Page Description
I am still unable to do the 'Product page with a menu' exercise using Joomla 1.6, starting to get frustrating...
I have never used Joomla 1.5 so I can not relate to the documentation...
1.5 appears to offer many Hikashop menu options, 1.6 has only three... ?
Appreciate if somebody could explain in idiot form...
Thanks
I have never used Joomla 1.5 so I can not relate to the documentation...
1.5 appears to offer many Hikashop menu options, 1.6 has only three... ?
Appreciate if somebody could explain in idiot form...
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 3 months ago #19894
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Product Page Description
Could you do a screenshot of the menu manager type selection that your seeing with the hikashop product page type missing ? That way we would be able to tell you if you're not looking at the correct place.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 3 months ago #19895
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Product Page Description
If you look there :
www.joomlatutorials.com/joomla-tutorials...s/add-menu-item.html
On the slide 5, you have the type selection screenshot of joomla 1.6. There, on the bottom right, you should have the HikaShop menu types, one of them being "product page".
If you're missing it, maybe you did had all the files of HikaShop installed properly...
Anyway, a screenshot would help.
On the slide 5, you have the type selection screenshot of joomla 1.6. There, on the bottom right, you should have the HikaShop menu types, one of them being "product page".
If you're missing it, maybe you did had all the files of HikaShop installed properly...
Anyway, a screenshot would help.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 3 months ago #19947
by Pit Pony
Replied by Pit Pony on topic Re: Product Page Description
Now sorted... my fault... time to crawl under the table... :blush:
When I open the menu screen, I only see the first three hikashop options I didn't spot that you could scroll the screen for further options... cant believe I fell for it...
Thanks for the responses...
When I open the menu screen, I only see the first three hikashop options I didn't spot that you could scroll the screen for further options... cant believe I fell for it...
Thanks for the responses...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds