No Products after a sucessful import
15 years 3 months ago - 15 years 3 months ago #20018
by Jims
No Products after a sucessful import was created by Jims
After a successful import:
"131 products found : 131 new products imported, 0 invalid product code, 0 already existing products"
I cannot find the products anywhere in the Product Table at htp://js-ca.net/potluckcms
Here are the first 4 lines of the csv file:
product_description;price_value;product_name;product_type;product_code;product_parent_id;Colour;Size;categories;images
Bear Tracks Beige;0;Bear Tracks Beige;main;RBT-B;;Beige; ;West Coast Series;image367.jpg
Breakfast Cup;13.95;Breakfast Cup;variant;RBT-B-60;RBT-B;Beige; ;West Coast Series;image1195.jpg
cereal bowl;13.95;Cereal Bowl;variant;RBT-B-65;RBT-B;Beige; ;West Coast Series;image1074.jpg
Where did the products go?
Further: monday evening: I noticed the ; separators from Excel2010 and changed to , but got exactly the same result, and also the same result from a quite different csv file. I also changed the file to put the product_code in column 1, but that had no effect on the problem.
Jim
"131 products found : 131 new products imported, 0 invalid product code, 0 already existing products"
I cannot find the products anywhere in the Product Table at htp://js-ca.net/potluckcms
Here are the first 4 lines of the csv file:
product_description;price_value;product_name;product_type;product_code;product_parent_id;Colour;Size;categories;images
Bear Tracks Beige;0;Bear Tracks Beige;main;RBT-B;;Beige; ;West Coast Series;image367.jpg
Breakfast Cup;13.95;Breakfast Cup;variant;RBT-B-60;RBT-B;Beige; ;West Coast Series;image1195.jpg
cereal bowl;13.95;Cereal Bowl;variant;RBT-B-65;RBT-B;Beige; ;West Coast Series;image1074.jpg
Where did the products go?
Further: monday evening: I noticed the ; separators from Excel2010 and changed to , but got exactly the same result, and also the same result from a quite different csv file. I also changed the file to put the product_code in column 1, but that had no effect on the problem.
Jim
Last edit: 15 years 3 months ago by Jims.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 3 months ago #20030
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: No Products after a sucessful import
Could you try without the dashes in the product codes ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 3 months ago #20037
by Jims
Replied by Jims on topic Re: No Products after a sucessful import
I changed all the hyphens to underscores, Nicolas, but got exactly the same result.
"131 products found : 131 new products imported, 0 invalid product code, 0 already existing products"
and no new products in the Product Table.
Jim
"131 products found : 131 new products imported, 0 invalid product code, 0 already existing products"
and no new products in the Product Table.
Jim
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 3 months ago #20039
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: No Products after a sucessful import
Then please activate debug mode in the configuration of joomla and try again.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 3 months ago #20041
by Jims
Replied by Jims on topic Re: No Products after a sucessful import
Thanks SO VERY much, Nicolas. I was not aware of debug.
The problem was caused by a faulty custom field that I had been experimenting with while trying to solve the span error this morning. When I deleted that custom field the import was successful.
I wonder why Hikashop did not report that error.
I copied the the initial part of that report and have attached it.
Many thanks
Jim
This attachment is hidden for guests.
The problem was caused by a faulty custom field that I had been experimenting with while trying to solve the span error this morning. When I deleted that custom field the import was successful.
I wonder why Hikashop did not report that error.
I copied the the initial part of that report and have attached it.
Many thanks
Jim
This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds