Back end sort order changed by csv import
15 years 3 months ago #20628
by Jims
Back end sort order changed by csv import was created by Jims
I have been correcting product image errors by making the corrections in a CSV file and importing the file.
But after changing the display order of the products in each category (alpha by product name), I just noticed that the latest import reverted the sort order back to the way it was before the back-end changes.
Please could you let me know how the sorting works and if there is a way to enter a sort order column in the corrections csv file to ensure that the sort order does not change from the way it is set in the back end.
Many thanks
Jim
But after changing the display order of the products in each category (alpha by product name), I just noticed that the latest import reverted the sort order back to the way it was before the back-end changes.
Please could you let me know how the sorting works and if there is a way to enter a sort order column in the corrections csv file to ensure that the sort order does not change from the way it is set in the back end.
Many thanks
Jim
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 3 months ago #20655
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Back end sort order changed by csv import
Indeed, there is no ordering handling on the import. That's something we'll have to add in the future.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 3 months ago #20657
by Jims
Replied by Jims on topic Re: Back end sort order changed by csv import
nicolas wrote:
That's going to be a problem if I need to reorder every time I do a price change which I plan to do using the automated data update process you mentioned last week. Is there a work around in the meantime?
How is the initial order determined. Is it in the order or the original import file?
Would it solve the problem if I exported all the data, deleted everything from the database, and then reimported the data with the main products arranged alphabetically within each category? The default product order within each category should then be alphabetical.
Thanks
Jim
Indeed, there is no ordering handling on the import. That's something we'll have to add in the future.
That's going to be a problem if I need to reorder every time I do a price change which I plan to do using the automated data update process you mentioned last week. Is there a work around in the meantime?
How is the initial order determined. Is it in the order or the original import file?
Would it solve the problem if I exported all the data, deleted everything from the database, and then reimported the data with the main products arranged alphabetically within each category? The default product order within each category should then be alphabetical.
Thanks
Jim
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 3 months ago #20659
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Back end sort order changed by csv import
When you edit a menu/module's hikashop options, you can order it by product_name, product_code, etc any column of the product. So you could order the products with something else than the existing ordering column in the mean time.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 3 months ago #20670
by Jims
Replied by Jims on topic Re: Back end sort order changed by csv import
Thanks, Nicolas, that solves all the problems.
Jim
Jim
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 8 months ago #140728
by aleks59
Replied by aleks59 on topic Re: Back end sort order changed by csv import
Hi,
I have change the product order in the module in question to sort products by a product column. After that the default option "ordering" disappeared. How can I get it back, cos now want to order the products via "ordering" again.
Thanks
Aleks
I have change the product order in the module in question to sort products by a product column. After that the default option "ordering" disappeared. How can I get it back, cos now want to order the products via "ordering" again.
Thanks
Aleks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 8 months ago #140730
by aleks59
Replied by aleks59 on topic Re: Back end sort order changed by csv import
oh, I forgot to ask. Is it still impossible to get the product ordering thru the csv import?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 8 months ago #140897
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Back end sort order changed by csv import
There is no way that the "ordering" choice of the "ordering column" of your products listing options page has disappeared. Can you do a screenshot of the page ?
The ordering is now supported by the import with the "category_ordering" column of the CSVs (you can do an export of your products in order to see it).
The ordering is now supported by the import with the "category_ordering" column of the CSVs (you can do an export of your products in order to see it).
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 8 months ago #140916
by aleks59
Replied by aleks59 on topic Re: Back end sort order changed by csv import
I'm sorry, you have misunderstood what I meant.
I did not mean the ordering column in the product listing. I meant the option "ordering" in the select drop down in the product listing module. It's not there since i chose the other option.
With the "category_ordering" you can sort only categories but not products, right?
Aleks
I did not mean the ordering column in the product listing. I meant the option "ordering" in the select drop down in the product listing module. It's not there since i chose the other option.
With the "category_ordering" you can sort only categories but not products, right?
Aleks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 8 months ago #141085
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Re: Back end sort order changed by csv import
Hi,
The category ordering is the ordering between the categories.
For the product ordering, it is in the table "product_category". A product can have a different ordering depending on the category it is.
Like Nicolas said, this field is not supported by the import by CSV, in this import you can specify the product's categories but not the ordering value for the category.
Regards,
The category ordering is the ordering between the categories.
For the product ordering, it is in the table "product_category". A product can have a different ordering depending on the category it is.
Like Nicolas said, this field is not supported by the import by CSV, in this import you can specify the product's categories but not the ordering value for the category.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.245 seconds