- Posts: 23
- Thank you received: 0
Show subcategory title as in demo?
15 years 2 months ago #20671
by HOMINID4
Show subcategory title as in demo? was created by HOMINID4
Hi. I'm unable to figure out how to show a subcategory title when navigating to that page. Such as in the demo, if you go to FASHION you see the title "FASHION", and then click click on the subcategory Men you see the title "Men".
In my scenario I have a category "Merchandise" and two subcategories of that "Shirts" and "Caps". When I go to Merchandise I see the title "Merchandise", so that's correct. When I go to Shirts it still shows "Merchandise". I currently have one "Merchandise" module, in order to have the "Shirts" title to show up would I need to create a module for that also even though it's a subcategory?
Thank you!,
Wesley
In my scenario I have a category "Merchandise" and two subcategories of that "Shirts" and "Caps". When I go to Merchandise I see the title "Merchandise", so that's correct. When I go to Shirts it still shows "Merchandise". I currently have one "Merchandise" module, in order to have the "Shirts" title to show up would I need to create a module for that also even though it's a subcategory?
Thank you!,
Wesley
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 2 months ago #20692
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Show subcategory title as in demo?
So you need to edit the hikashop options of your menu and make sure that the option "Use menu name instead of category name for the title" is turned off.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 2 months ago - 15 years 2 months ago #20738
by HOMINID4
Replied by HOMINID4 on topic Re: Show subcategory title as in demo?
Hello, thank you for the reply. The "Use menu name instead of category name for the title" option is turned off. I compared my settings with your demo menu settings and they all seem match up but apparently I'm missing something. I have one menu, "Merchandise". Do I also need to create menus for Shirts and Caps, in a hidden menu? Or since Shirts and Caps are submenus should the Category titles automatically be pulled?
Joomla 1.6.4
HikaShop 1.5.2
Thanks again!,
Wesley
Joomla 1.6.4
HikaShop 1.5.2
Thanks again!,
Wesley
Last edit: 15 years 2 months ago by HOMINID4. Reason: Added Joomla and HikaShop versions
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 2 months ago #20741
by HOMINID4
Replied by HOMINID4 on topic Re: Show subcategory title as in demo?
Sorry for the multiple posts. I was able to get this to work. In my "Menus > Main Menu > Merchandise" menu item under "Page Display Options" I had the "Browser Page Title" filled in and set to "Yes".
In my "HikaShop > Display > Content Menus >Merchandise" the "Use menu name instead of category name for the title" was set to No.
I removed the "Browser Page Title" in "Menus > Main Menu > Merchandise" and it's now working correctly. But since I had "Use menu name instead of category name for the title" set to No wouldn't that override if I had a Title entered or not in "Menus > Main Menu > Merchandise"?
Thanks!,
Wesley
In my "HikaShop > Display > Content Menus >Merchandise" the "Use menu name instead of category name for the title" was set to No.
I removed the "Browser Page Title" in "Menus > Main Menu > Merchandise" and it's now working correctly. But since I had "Use menu name instead of category name for the title" set to No wouldn't that override if I had a Title entered or not in "Menus > Main Menu > Merchandise"?
Thanks!,
Wesley
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 2 months ago #20773
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Show subcategory title as in demo?
Indeed, that's a problem.
We'll look at changing that.
We'll look at changing that.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds