- Posts: 19
- Thank you received: 0
Products Not appearing in Manufacturers
- stonedbloke
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
15 years 2 months ago - 15 years 2 months ago #20721
by stonedbloke
Products Not appearing in Manufacturers was created by stonedbloke
Hello.
First time user so please bare with me.
I have created a number of manufactures. When I create a new product the manufactures list appears on the manufactures drop down and I select the appropriate one, alls good at this stage.
From the front end I have created a menu item to shows all the manufactures with the images. When I click on any of the manufactures images none of the products appear.
Maybe the question should be how do I list my items by manufactures.
Joomla 1.6
Thanks in advance
John
First time user so please bare with me.
I have created a number of manufactures. When I create a new product the manufactures list appears on the manufactures drop down and I select the appropriate one, alls good at this stage.
From the front end I have created a menu item to shows all the manufactures with the images. When I click on any of the manufactures images none of the products appear.
Maybe the question should be how do I list my items by manufactures.
Joomla 1.6
Thanks in advance
John
Last edit: 15 years 2 months ago by stonedbloke.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 2 months ago #20722
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Products Not appearing in Manufacturers
Hi,
Please edit the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/menus.php and change the line:
if($params=='category'&&empty($params)){
to:
if(in_array($params,array('category','manufacturer'))&&empty($params)){
Then, create a new manufacturer menu item. That should create automatically an associated module for your menu in order to display the products listing.
You can also do that manually by creating a new hikashop category listing module via the joomla module manager and then adding that module as associated module in the hikashop options of your menu.
Please edit the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/menus.php and change the line:
if($params=='category'&&empty($params)){
to:
if(in_array($params,array('category','manufacturer'))&&empty($params)){
Then, create a new manufacturer menu item. That should create automatically an associated module for your menu in order to display the products listing.
You can also do that manually by creating a new hikashop category listing module via the joomla module manager and then adding that module as associated module in the hikashop options of your menu.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- stonedbloke
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 19
- Thank you received: 0
15 years 2 months ago #20725
by stonedbloke
Replied by stonedbloke on topic Re: Products Not appearing in Manufacturers
Thanks for your quick reply.
Have changed the .php code. Still not doing what I wanted.
You can look at the UAT site - host.quksdns10.net/~glorywat/
I have 6 watches which have been assigned to two manufactures. When I click on the manufactures heading the two manufactures appear. When I click on the manufacture they are not populated by the products.
The "Watch" menu categories works just great.
Thanks
John
Have changed the .php code. Still not doing what I wanted.
You can look at the UAT site - host.quksdns10.net/~glorywat/
I have 6 watches which have been assigned to two manufactures. When I click on the manufactures heading the two manufactures appear. When I click on the manufacture they are not populated by the products.
The "Watch" menu categories works just great.
Thanks
John
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 2 months ago #20726
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Products Not appearing in Manufacturers
Please do a screenshot of the hikashop options of your menu.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- stonedbloke
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 19
- Thank you received: 0
15 years 2 months ago #20728
by stonedbloke
Replied by stonedbloke on topic Re: Products Not appearing in Manufacturers
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 2 months ago #20746
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Products Not appearing in Manufacturers
Please also do a screenshot of the hikashop options of the module "associated products listing for category listing menu 129".
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 82
- Thank you received: 1
15 years 2 months ago #20983
by FreshIdeas
Replied by FreshIdeas on topic Re: Products Not appearing in Manufacturers
Please post solution. I am also unable to get a) items to reflect manufacturer when importing and b) the menu to show the products by manufacturer.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 2 months ago #20992
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Products Not appearing in Manufacturers
If I didn't post a solution, that's because I didn't get the information I asked for.
a/ Manufacturers are not supported for export and import for now so it's normal it doesn't work.
b/ If you don't give more information on the problem, I can't help you
a/ Manufacturers are not supported for export and import for now so it's normal it doesn't work.
b/ If you don't give more information on the problem, I can't help you
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 82
- Thank you received: 1
15 years 2 months ago - 15 years 2 months ago #20994
by FreshIdeas
Replied by FreshIdeas on topic Re: Products Not appearing in Manufacturers
Last edit: 15 years 2 months ago by FreshIdeas.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 2 months ago #21047
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Products Not appearing in Manufacturers
I see that on your menu, you selected the category 2 as the parent category. Are you sure that this category is a manufacturer and not a product category ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.229 seconds