- Posts: 37
- Thank you received: 1
Change view option for all "content menu" together
15 years 2 months ago #20950
by Arathol
Change view option for all "content menu" together was created by Arathol
Hi there,
I have set up menu components to match the menu items on my main menu.
I want to set the defaults for all the menu components in one place. Is that possible or do i have to go into each menu component and set all the options for each one?
The options i am talking about are the:
At the moment, i have removed all the info from the menu components so that i can style the width for each box and therefore the columns and all the colours and centering and what-not, but it is not the right way and I cant set the pagination as it just shows all the items.
Surely there must be a way to set the defaults for all the menu components and then the actual setting inside each menu component would be an overide of the default?
Or am i just missing it?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Arathol
I have set up menu components to match the menu items on my main menu.
I want to set the defaults for all the menu components in one place. Is that possible or do i have to go into each menu component and set all the options for each one?
The options i am talking about are the:
- Number of columns
- Number of items
- Type of item layout
- Item box background color
- Item box margin
- Item box rounded corners
- Text centered
At the moment, i have removed all the info from the menu components so that i can style the width for each box and therefore the columns and all the colours and centering and what-not, but it is not the right way and I cant set the pagination as it just shows all the items.
Surely there must be a way to set the defaults for all the menu components and then the actual setting inside each menu component would be an overide of the default?
Or am i just missing it?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Arathol
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 2 months ago #20955
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Change view option for all "content menu" together
Hi,
Before creating your menus, you can set the default options for them in the tab Display of the configuration. Then, all your new menus will use these options as default.
Then, once created, they are independent from the default options and you can edit their options via the menu Display->Content menus.
It's not possible to change an option of all your menus at once.
Before creating your menus, you can set the default options for them in the tab Display of the configuration. Then, all your new menus will use these options as default.
Then, once created, they are independent from the default options and you can edit their options via the menu Display->Content menus.
It's not possible to change an option of all your menus at once.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 2 months ago - 15 years 2 months ago #20979
by Arathol
Replied by Arathol on topic Re: Change view option for all "content menu" together
Ah ok.
Thanks for the help.
Pity I cant set global parameters for the display and use the options in each Content menu as an overide. I suppose i just better be sparing with the amount of menu links i have for now while testing the display options.
Thanks!
Thanks for the help.
Pity I cant set global parameters for the display and use the options in each Content menu as an overide. I suppose i just better be sparing with the amount of menu links i have for now while testing the display options.
Thanks!
Last edit: 15 years 2 months ago by Arathol. Reason: spelling
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 23
- Thank you received: 0
15 years 2 months ago #21131
by alastairmark
Replied by alastairmark on topic Re: Change view option for all "content menu" together
Hi,
I have set my columns as default to be 3 wide and populated the pages.
There are some items i want to display 2 wide.
I have gone menu, menu item, clicked on the hikashop options, changed the number of coloumns and saved.
The changes are not taking place. I have cleared cache but still showing 3 wide.
Thx
I have set my columns as default to be 3 wide and populated the pages.
There are some items i want to display 2 wide.
I have gone menu, menu item, clicked on the hikashop options, changed the number of coloumns and saved.
The changes are not taking place. I have cleared cache but still showing 3 wide.
Thx
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 2 months ago #21140
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Change view option for all "content menu" together
If you don't see any change, it means that you're not editing the good option.
Please provide more information if you want me to be able to help you more (screenshots of the hikashop options of the menu/module, link to the page...).
Please provide more information if you want me to be able to help you more (screenshots of the hikashop options of the menu/module, link to the page...).
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.161 seconds