Skip to main content

How do I track Hikashop Sales on Google Analytics?

More
15 years 2 months ago #21163 by jlopresti
I know that Hikashop has some great stats for sales, but I would like to integrate my Google analytics account to the sales. Is there a confirmation page that I can paste the code into?

Best regards,

Joe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 2 months ago #21174 by warriorfullights
You could use Google Check Out if you wish to track your sales via Google Analytics. It can be done easily since they are both products of Google.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 2 months ago #21181 by jlopresti
I can do that, but my site is going to use authorize.net and checks as well.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 2 months ago #21182 by nicolas
Note that we'll publish a google checkout plugin for HikaShop during the summer.


If you use authorize.net with the AIM API, you should edit the file "end" of the view "checkout" via the menu Display->Views. There, you can add your Google Analytics code.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 month ago #23664 by jmilli
Hi Nicolas,
I started using the Analytics plugin a few days ago, and it is not registering sales at all.

It is as simple as putting my UA number and choosing dollars?

I did that and it isn't working.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Should it show up in the ECommerce section on Analytics or somewhere else.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 month ago #23669 by nicolas
Yes. Did you publish the plugin ?
It should indeed show up on the Ecommerce section of GA.
Could you give a link to your shop and a back end access so that we can see your settings ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 month ago #23831 by jmilli
Hi Nicolas,
The plugin is working now. It looks like it took a couple days for it to activate, for some reason.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 month ago #24430 by jmilli
Hi Nicolas.
I realized that the plugin works with PayPal, but not Authorize.net. None of my Authorize.net purchases show up in the ECommerce section of Analytics.

Please advise.

thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 month ago #24437 by nicolas
How did you configure authorize.net ? AIM or SIM ? Did you set a redirection URL ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 month ago #24484 by jmilli
I configured the plugin to use AIM and I redirected to the same "Thank You Page" for both PayPal and Authorize.net

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 month ago #24500 by nicolas
Looking at the code, it seems to be a problem with the redirect URL handling of authorize.net in AIM mode.

Could you change the code:
Code:
if(!empty($method->payment_params->return_url)){ $return_url = $method->payment_params->return_url; }

to:
Code:
global $Itemid; $url_itemid=''; if(!empty($Itemid)){ $url_itemid='&Itemid='.$Itemid; } $return_url = HIKASHOP_LIVE.'index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=checkout&task=after_end&order_id='.$order->order_id.$url_itemid;

in the file plugins/hikashoppayment/authorize.php and try again ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 month ago #24517 by jmilli
Thanks.

I found this code, but it does not exactly match what you mentioned:

if(!empty($method->payment_params->return_url)){
$return_url = $method->payment_params->return_url;
}

Is this what you want me to replace, or just part of it?

Thanks for your time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 month ago #24520 by nicolas
Why do you say it doesn't match what I mentioned ? I don't see any difference ?!

Yes, that's what you should replace.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 month ago #24578 by jmilli
It works!

Thanks for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 week ago #214875 by tbroderick
The Google Analytics plugin works great. Thank you!

My client needs to track coupons in GA. Is this possible through the plugin? If so, how do I initiate it? If not, do you know of a way to track coupons through GA?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 week ago #214880 by Jerome
Hi,

Coupon tracking is provided by "enhanced ecommerce" and not "ecommerce".
developers.google.com/analytics/devguide...nalyticsjs/ecommerce
developers.google.com/analytics/devguide...s/enhanced-ecommerce

The Analytics plugin in HikaShop is compatible with "ecommerce" when using the "universal analytics" support.
(And the legacy Google Analytics does not have support of coupon either).

So to add such kind of support, the plugin would require a big rewriting in order to add the "enhanced ecommerce" support.
The good new is that "Measure protocol" now support "enhanced ecommerce".
developers.google.com/analytics/devguide...eters#enhanced-ecomm

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.266 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum