- Posts: 37
- Thank you received: 1
change url without using sh404 or sef extension
15 years 2 months ago #21395
by Arathol
change url without using sh404 or sef extension was created by Arathol
Hi Nicolas,
I currently have a url issue like this.
I have created a menu to each products listing. eg: accessories.
I also have a menu to the top level product category itself (category listing).
When i go direct to accessories via menu i get url:
When i go there by clicking on the products menu, and then clicking on the accessories product listing in that category it uses url:

I would rather have my url's as simple as possible and have it just
How would i achieve this? I dont want to get a 3rd party sef url rewrite extension in there.
Many thanks in advance
Arathol
I currently have a url issue like this.
I have created a menu to each products listing. eg: accessories.
I also have a menu to the top level product category itself (category listing).
When i go direct to accessories via menu i get url:
Code:
http://localhost/website/index.php/products/accessories
When i go there by clicking on the products menu, and then clicking on the accessories product listing in that category it uses url:
Code:
http://localhost/website/index.php/products/category/listing/11-accessories
I would rather have my url's as simple as possible and have it just
Code:
http://localhost/website/index.php/products/accessories
How would i achieve this? I dont want to get a 3rd party sef url rewrite extension in there.
Many thanks in advance
Arathol
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 2 months ago #21396
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: change url without using sh404 or sef extension
Hi,
You can change the code in the file components/com_hikashop/router.php in order to do what you want.
Otherwise, with sh404sef and some easy modification of the sef_ext.php file you should be able to achieve it: www.hikashop.com/en/support/forum/4-how-...04-sef-question.html
You can change the code in the file components/com_hikashop/router.php in order to do what you want.
Otherwise, with sh404sef and some easy modification of the sef_ext.php file you should be able to achieve it: www.hikashop.com/en/support/forum/4-how-...04-sef-question.html
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 2 months ago #21400
by Arathol
Replied by Arathol on topic Re: change url without using sh404 or sef extension
Thanks Nicolas,
I did look at that post, before even starting this new thread, but I have no programming, let alone php, knowledge so I dont know what code to use or where to edit the files you told me.
I dont really want to use sh404 and would rather just change the original hikashop code.
Also, i see my products have a very long url as well with number in front of the name which I would rather not have and a /category_pathway-11 after the name of the product.
Please could you help me with a detailed description of what code to add and where to add it.
Thanks!
I did look at that post, before even starting this new thread, but I have no programming, let alone php, knowledge so I dont know what code to use or where to edit the files you told me.
I dont really want to use sh404 and would rather just change the original hikashop code.
Also, i see my products have a very long url as well with number in front of the name which I would rather not have and a /category_pathway-11 after the name of the product.
Please could you help me with a detailed description of what code to add and where to add it.
Thanks!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 2 months ago #21402
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: change url without using sh404 or sef extension
Hi,
The modification is too complex to be done here. It's out of the scope of that support forum. We don't even know yet how we want to do it for now.
We usually help people when the modification is easy but that will require several hours of work to do it properly.
The modification is too complex to be done here. It's out of the scope of that support forum. We don't even know yet how we want to do it for now.
We usually help people when the modification is easy but that will require several hours of work to do it properly.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 2 months ago #21448
by Arathol
Replied by Arathol on topic Re: change url without using sh404 or sef extension
Thanks for the help. Ill have to sort it out once the rest of the site is done.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds