- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
How to sort and/or filter by table headings
15 years 2 months ago #21499
by hrm
How to sort and/or filter by table headings was created by hrm
Hello.
I've managed to customise the product listing_table to include custom fields, but wondered whether you could help me add one more feature. I would like to be able to add a sort and/or filter option to the column headers. Please could you let me know whether this is possible and, if so, how?
This is an example of the page I'm referring to: industrial-components.co.uk/index.php?op...ts-din603&Itemid=187
Many thanks in advance. Kind regards - Helen.
I've managed to customise the product listing_table to include custom fields, but wondered whether you could help me add one more feature. I would like to be able to add a sort and/or filter option to the column headers. Please could you let me know whether this is possible and, if so, how?
This is an example of the page I'm referring to: industrial-components.co.uk/index.php?op...ts-din603&Itemid=187
Many thanks in advance. Kind regards - Helen.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 2 months ago #21503
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: How to sort and/or filter by table headings
Hi,
Everything is possible but that modification is way more complicated than the previous one. You need to edit the file components/com_hikashop/views/product/view.html.php in order to modify the order by of the mysql query on the fly based on the filter. You will also have to save the filters in the session so that when someone display another page it still apply the same ordering. You will also have to edit the listing_table file in order to add the links on the headers of the table.
Everything is possible but that modification is way more complicated than the previous one. You need to edit the file components/com_hikashop/views/product/view.html.php in order to modify the order by of the mysql query on the fly based on the filter. You will also have to save the filters in the session so that when someone display another page it still apply the same ordering. You will also have to edit the listing_table file in order to add the links on the headers of the table.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 2 months ago #21505
by hrm
Replied by hrm on topic Re: How to sort and/or filter by table headings
Hi Nicolas.
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly and for your help in detailing how I would go about adding this feature. Unfortunately, it's way above my skillset. Do you offer a paid customisation service and, if so, would you be able to email me a quote for the proposed work.
I really appreciate your help. Many thanks - Helen.
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly and for your help in detailing how I would go about adding this feature. Unfortunately, it's way above my skillset. Do you offer a paid customisation service and, if so, would you be able to email me a quote for the proposed work.
I really appreciate your help. Many thanks - Helen.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 2 months ago #21532
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: How to sort and/or filter by table headings
Hi,
We propose our services for customization but we are a small team (and more so that some are in vacation during the summer) and our schedule is now packed for a month ahead. I would advise to look for someone else to do it if you want it done rapidly. If time is not a problem for you can use our contact form in order to request a quote and we will reply to you.
We propose our services for customization but we are a small team (and more so that some are in vacation during the summer) and our schedule is now packed for a month ahead. I would advise to look for someone else to do it if you want it done rapidly. If time is not a problem for you can use our contact form in order to request a quote and we will reply to you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds