- Posts: 301
- Thank you received: 1
Shipping and Handling Fee
15 years 2 months ago #21545
by Huski
Shipping and Handling Fee was created by Huski
Hi
Can't seem to find anywhere where I could add a shipping and handling fee to a shipping method (except for pickup). I need to be able to include the cost of packaging and a handling fee. Is thee a way of doing this and also showing this in the checkout. In Australia this would also be a taxable item like a product so would need to have GST applied to it.
Cheers
Can't seem to find anywhere where I could add a shipping and handling fee to a shipping method (except for pickup). I need to be able to include the cost of packaging and a handling fee. Is thee a way of doing this and also showing this in the checkout. In Australia this would also be a taxable item like a product so would need to have GST applied to it.
Cheers
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 2 months ago #21554
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Shipping and Handling Fee
Hi,
When you use manual shipping methods, you can set a price for your shipping method. You could just add both the handling and the shipping fees together in that price. You can also select a tax category for your shipping prices. It's not possible to distinguish between the handling and the shipping fees.
When you use manual shipping methods, you can set a price for your shipping method. You could just add both the handling and the shipping fees together in that price. You can also select a tax category for your shipping prices. It's not possible to distinguish between the handling and the shipping fees.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 2 months ago #21888
by alilogins
Replied by alilogins on topic Re: Shipping and Handling Fee
Hi,
I am having a problem with shipping and handling.
I have shipping set and thats working fine.
When i proceed to paypal to pay there is now a shipping and handling charge for $11.30
I cannot see where this figure comes from. Where can i find the shipping and handling area to change.
Thnaks
I am having a problem with shipping and handling.
I have shipping set and thats working fine.
When i proceed to paypal to pay there is now a shipping and handling charge for $11.30
I cannot see where this figure comes from. Where can i find the shipping and handling area to change.
Thnaks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 2 months ago #21891
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Shipping and Handling Fee
If you have an additional shipping fee added when you're on paypal, it's because you configured your paypal account to charge shipping fees on top of the order total amount.
To change the shipping calculation setting in your PayPal account:
1. Log in to your PayPal account here: www.paypal.com
2. Select the PROFILE tab at the top of the page
3. Under Selling Preferences, select the Shipping Calculation link
4. Edit the shipping cost or select Clear Settings
5. Select SAVE
To change the shipping calculation setting in your PayPal account:
1. Log in to your PayPal account here: www.paypal.com
2. Select the PROFILE tab at the top of the page
3. Under Selling Preferences, select the Shipping Calculation link
4. Edit the shipping cost or select Clear Settings
5. Select SAVE
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 1 month ago #23494
by Huski
Replied by Huski on topic Re: Shipping and Handling Fee
What if I am using the Australia Post plug-in. Is there somewhere a handling fee can be added to the Australia Post fee?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 1 month ago #23497
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Shipping and Handling Fee
Yes. In the options of the australia post plugin there is the option "Additional fee" that you can set for that.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 1 month ago #23499
by Huski
Replied by Huski on topic Re: Shipping and Handling Fee
Thanks - found it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 1 month ago #23649
by Huski
Replied by Huski on topic Re: Shipping and Handling Fee
Hi
Not sure if its just my installation but when I add an additional fee to the postage then save and go back into the
post plugin (Australia post), the additional fee is not showing. I check in the database and it is showing in the parameters.
Might be a bug.
Not sure if its just my installation but when I add an additional fee to the postage then save and go back into the
post plugin (Australia post), the additional fee is not showing. I check in the database and it is showing in the parameters.
Might be a bug.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 1 month ago #23651
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Shipping and Handling Fee
There is indeed in bug here.
You need to edit the file plugins/hikashopshipping/aupost_configuration.php and change the line:
<input type="text" name="data[shipping][shipping_params][padditional_fee]" value="<?php echo @$this->element->shipping_params->additional_fee; ?>" />
to:
<input type="text" name="data[shipping][shipping_params][additional_fee]" value="<?php echo @$this->element->shipping_params->additional_fee; ?>" />
and that should fix the problem.
You need to edit the file plugins/hikashopshipping/aupost_configuration.php and change the line:
<input type="text" name="data[shipping][shipping_params][padditional_fee]" value="<?php echo @$this->element->shipping_params->additional_fee; ?>" />
to:
<input type="text" name="data[shipping][shipping_params][additional_fee]" value="<?php echo @$this->element->shipping_params->additional_fee; ?>" />
and that should fix the problem.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds