- Posts: 136
- Thank you received: 1
Product Not Available Page
15 years 2 months ago #21602
by jacorr27
Product Not Available Page was created by jacorr27
Hi Nicolas,
I regularly update my products - when I turn off the publish option, I would like the ability to customise the page that says "Product Not Found".
Am I able to completely change the look of this page to suit my website?
Thanks,
Jac
I regularly update my products - when I turn off the publish option, I would like the ability to customise the page that says "Product Not Found".
Am I able to completely change the look of this page to suit my website?
Thanks,
Jac
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 2 months ago #21606
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Product Not Available Page
Hi,
Sure, you can do that in the file show of the view product via the menu Display->Views. It's at the beginning of the file:
<?php if(empty($this->element)){
$app =& JFactory::getApplication();
$app->enqueueMessage(JText::_('PRODUCT_NOT_FOUND'));
}else{
Sure, you can do that in the file show of the view product via the menu Display->Views. It's at the beginning of the file:
<?php if(empty($this->element)){
$app =& JFactory::getApplication();
$app->enqueueMessage(JText::_('PRODUCT_NOT_FOUND'));
}else{
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 2 months ago #21617
by jacorr27
Replied by jacorr27 on topic Re: Product Not Available Page
Thanks Nicolas, using this method can I actually change the page that appears.
I'm wanting to change the look and feel of the page more so than just the text.
I'm wanting to change the look and feel of the page more so than just the text.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 2 months ago #21630
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Product Not Available Page
Yes. You can just add your code in the if block.
for example, you could have:
<?php if(empty($this->element)){
$app =& JFactory::getApplication();
$app->enqueueMessage(JText::_('PRODUCT_NOT_FOUND'));
echo 'test';
}else{
which will display the text "test" on the page.
for example, you could have:
<?php if(empty($this->element)){
$app =& JFactory::getApplication();
$app->enqueueMessage(JText::_('PRODUCT_NOT_FOUND'));
echo 'test';
}else{
which will display the text "test" on the page.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 6 months ago #43949
by jacorr27
Replied by jacorr27 on topic Re: Product Not Available Page
Hi Nicolas,
Instead of just inserting text here, can I create and reference a joomla article in this code - that way I can customise the look of the page that is displayed and add images when a product is not available anymore.
Thank you.
Instead of just inserting text here, can I create and reference a joomla article in this code - that way I can customise the look of the page that is displayed and add images when a product is not available anymore.
Thank you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 6 months ago #43954
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Product Not Available Page
You should use that extension:
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/news-di.../content-embed/10799
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/news-di.../content-embed/10799
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds