- Posts: 11
- Thank you received: 0
Email notification orders
15 years 1 month ago - 15 years 1 month ago #23207
by dirkvdv
Email notification orders was created by dirkvdv
I have a problem that after an order is placed, no email confirmation is sent. But I tested this before on a local installation with a local apache server, but same configuration and then it works.
In my email settings I defined SMTP server with the correct information.
Does anyone have any idea what I did wrong ?
Each time after creating an order, this message appears at the top
In my email settings I defined SMTP server with the correct information.
Does anyone have any idea what I did wrong ?
Each time after creating an order, this message appears at the top
Last edit: 15 years 1 month ago by dirkvdv.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 1 month ago #23227
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Email notification orders
Are you sure that your configuration is correct ?
Do you receive the user account email when someone register to your website ?
I see that you have the option "SMTP authenticate" to Nee. But in most cases, it should be activated if you're giving SMTP user and password.
Also, I see that you're using the SMTP server of your ISP. However, most ISPs forbid to use their SMTP server from outside their network. So that would explain why it was working locally but not on your server. So you might want to contact your ISP support about the problem and/or use another smtp server.
Do you receive the user account email when someone register to your website ?
I see that you have the option "SMTP authenticate" to Nee. But in most cases, it should be activated if you're giving SMTP user and password.
Also, I see that you're using the SMTP server of your ISP. However, most ISPs forbid to use their SMTP server from outside their network. So that would explain why it was working locally but not on your server. So you might want to contact your ISP support about the problem and/or use another smtp server.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 1 month ago #23232
by dirkvdv
Replied by dirkvdv on topic Re: Email notification orders
Yes, I'm sure the configuration is correct.
I do receive emails when someone register on the website. I also did receive an email that somebody created an order (which was myself as test), but to my personal emailaddress there is no mail sent that I ordered something.
I also tried with SMTP authenticate, but that doesn't work either.
But as SMTP server I defined the one I use for my personal mails, not from the ISP.
I do receive emails when someone register on the website. I also did receive an email that somebody created an order (which was myself as test), but to my personal emailaddress there is no mail sent that I ordered something.
I also tried with SMTP authenticate, but that doesn't work either.
But as SMTP server I defined the one I use for my personal mails, not from the ISP.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 1 month ago #23241
by dirkvdv
Replied by dirkvdv on topic Re: Email notification orders
This topic can be closed now. I've found the solution. I didn't put SMTP. in the SMTP hostname. After I did that it worked.
Thanks anyway for the response.
Thanks anyway for the response.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds