- Posts: 12
- Thank you received: 0
Bulk Importing
15 years 1 month ago #23420
by daalouw
Bulk Importing was created by daalouw
Hi.
I have Hikashop Business edition and love it but I am lacking a simpler bulk import process. I have a photography website where I specialise in school photography meaning I take 100's of pictures a week and then I need to upload them to the shopping cart. The current bulk import funtion (as I understand it) uses an excel file with all the products (photo files) preloaded on it which is used for importing. Each product line has many variants (photo sizes) meaning each photo can have 10 entries (1 for each variant). Let's say I am uploading 300 photos... this means I will haver 3,000 entires in my excel spreadheeet, each one having to have a unique name based on the photo. Obviously I do not have the time or energy to change 3,000 lines each week just to load my photos into the shopping cart.
Is there an easier way to imoprt hundreds of products (with several variants each) into Hikashop? Something like importing files out of a specified folder?
Keep up the good work Nicolas.
Regards
daalouw
I have Hikashop Business edition and love it but I am lacking a simpler bulk import process. I have a photography website where I specialise in school photography meaning I take 100's of pictures a week and then I need to upload them to the shopping cart. The current bulk import funtion (as I understand it) uses an excel file with all the products (photo files) preloaded on it which is used for importing. Each product line has many variants (photo sizes) meaning each photo can have 10 entries (1 for each variant). Let's say I am uploading 300 photos... this means I will haver 3,000 entires in my excel spreadheeet, each one having to have a unique name based on the photo. Obviously I do not have the time or energy to change 3,000 lines each week just to load my photos into the shopping cart.
Is there an easier way to imoprt hundreds of products (with several variants each) into Hikashop? Something like importing files out of a specified folder?
Keep up the good work Nicolas.
Regards
daalouw
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 1 month ago #23430
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Bulk Importing
Hi,
That is already possible with the Business edition. On the import screen, you have an "import from folder" option which allows you to load all the files of a folder as products with the files attached as either images or files which the information of the products copied from a template product that you can select on the import screen before the import. More info here: www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/7...import.html#generate
That is already possible with the Business edition. On the import screen, you have an "import from folder" option which allows you to load all the files of a folder as products with the files attached as either images or files which the information of the products copied from a template product that you can select on the import screen before the import. More info here: www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/7...import.html#generate
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 1 month ago #23516
by daalouw
Replied by daalouw on topic Re: Bulk Importing
Thanks for yoru respopnse Nicolas. I believe this is what I've tried to use already but I still needed to use an excel spreadsheet with 3,000 lines of products and variants to associate with the images in the image folder I was importing. Are you stating the Hikashop has been updated so that I do not need to use that excel spreadsheet as a part of importing 100's of images at a time?
daalouw
daalouw
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 1 month ago #23518
by daalouw
Replied by daalouw on topic Re: Bulk Importing
Attached is an excerpt of my excel spreadhseet for only 2 products (and I have 100's at a time):
This attachment is hidden for guests.
This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 1 month ago #23527
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Bulk Importing
Yes. You don't need the spreadsheet.
You need to use the "import from folder" option of the import and not the "import from CSV".
You need to use the "import from folder" option of the import and not the "import from CSV".
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds