- Posts: 15
- Thank you received: 0
Allowing users to purchase without registering
15 years 1 month ago #23819
by syghefish
Allowing users to purchase without registering was created by syghefish
I have been using the free version of HikaShop (which I really like) and I was poking around to try to find if there was an option to turn off registration. I found in Configuration > Checkout page there's a radio button for Login (No or Yes) and a section for Registration, which says it requires a commercial version of HikaShop in order to use.
I'm very happy to purchase a copy of HikaShop, but I wanted to make sure this option did what I think it does. Is it possible to allow users to purchase items without registering an account, waiting for the confirmation e-mail, and then logging in? Can they just add an item to their cart, input their address and credit card information, then submit?
Thanks!
I'm very happy to purchase a copy of HikaShop, but I wanted to make sure this option did what I think it does. Is it possible to allow users to purchase items without registering an account, waiting for the confirmation e-mail, and then logging in? Can they just add an item to their cart, input their address and credit card information, then submit?
Thanks!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 1 month ago #23821
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Allowing users to purchase without registering
Yes, that's the goal of that option. If you set it to "no registration" there won't be any confirmation email and the users will just have to enter their email and address (if you want) and credit card.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 1 month ago #23823
by syghefish
Replied by syghefish on topic Re: Allowing users to purchase without registering
And to get access to this option, I only need to buy the Essential license?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 1 month ago #23824
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Allowing users to purchase without registering
Yes.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 1 month ago #23825
by syghefish
Replied by syghefish on topic Re: Allowing users to purchase without registering
Thanks, done!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 5 months ago #48347
by Ka3m0n
Replied by Ka3m0n on topic Re: Allowing users to purchase without registering
I also want users to be able to purchase products without registering or logging in. Am I understanding this thread correctly? - do I need to buy a license in order to remove the login and registration requirement???
Under "checkout", I set "login" to "no" but when someone adds a product to their cart, they are immediately prompted to register.
Are there instructions somewhere explaining how to allow users to checkout without registering?
Thanks for your help!
Under "checkout", I set "login" to "no" but when someone adds a product to their cart, they are immediately prompted to register.
Are there instructions somewhere explaining how to allow users to checkout without registering?
Thanks for your help!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 5 months ago #48391
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Allowing users to purchase without registering
You you don't want your users to enter any information in the checkout, you can remove the view "login" from the checkout workflow option of the configuration.
But if you still want to get their address without creating a joomla user account, instead of that, you will have to set the "registration" option of that tab to "no registration", which indeed requires a license.
But if you still want to get their address without creating a joomla user account, instead of that, you will have to set the "registration" option of that tab to "no registration", which indeed requires a license.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.254 seconds